What's new

Its Time to Tank

The tank is definitely still on. Lauri will miss a couple games. We can still get to 9 with a very small shot of 7/8.

I'm afraid this season gonna end ugly in this forum. I'm just looking at our schedule and trying to imagine a scenario where we either win more than 5 or less than 3 and I cannot see it.

Its gonna be 38-40 wins which likely screws up both play-in and top 9 pick. I'm usually the positive one, but this is looking bad.

So if someone has that big red button that says "tank" on their desk.... press it.

I'm afraid this season gonna end ugly in this forum. I'm just looking at our schedule and trying to imagine a scenario where we either win more than 5 or less than 3 and I cannot see it.

Its gonna be 38-40 wins which likely screws up both play-in and top 9 pick. I'm usually the positive one, but this is looking bad.

So if someone has that big red button that says "tank" on their desk.... press it.
After last night I think there is a case for resting Lauri… 3-4 separate times he was favoring his risk and he was body slammed on his already sore back… no need to play him the next few games… if we end up losing… then shut him down the rest of the year… if we hang around do whatevs. Just be smart about it.

I can't believe that no one is separating, and in fact the standings are becoming even more jumbled. The Wolves one point win last night was the difference of five or six spots. The last night of the season is destined to determine a massive amount of spots, from great lottery odds to being above all the play in teams.

The drama is interesting. Only the results will determine if it is 'fun'.

After last night I think there is a case for resting Lauri… 3-4 separate times he was favoring his risk and he was body slammed on his already sore back… no need to play him the next few games… if we end up losing… then shut him down the rest of the year… if we hang around do whatevs. Just be smart about it.
We absolutely need to be careful with Lauri. He is getting targeted out there, no reason to risk a bigger injury. The main focus for him should be getting in to the offseason healthy, I'm pretty sure he's already done enough to make his All-NBA case.

We absolutely need to be careful with Lauri. He is getting targeted out there, no reason to risk a bigger injury. The main focus for him should be getting in to the offseason healthy, I'm pretty sure he's already done enough to make his All-NBA case.

I mean if we had Collin and JC humming like two months ago things would be much better. He would have some help and now we have acquired Dunn to help with the back-court defense and solid floor general job. The roster we have can go hot at times and shoot lights out but Collin as one of the 50/40 shooters of the league and JC's clutch shooting are missed. Now Lauri have established himself as the #1 I think the end minutes of 4th with JC would have been more consistently good. Earlier into this season Lauri was still searching himself and JC did a bit too much. It might be real nice now. But both of them scoring guards are out... If we lose against Bucks and Kings there is no reason to get Lauri back there and risk it. Tank instead of it.

I dont disagree at all. Lauri was mauled last game and has nagging stuff. Its likely not enough to have us win less than 3 though... and I'm pretty sure Pacers, Wizards and Blazers wont reach 38 wins.... or if Pacers do then the lame *** Bulls wont.

Players won't tank so maybe hardy should take a sneaky personal leave?
smh that will look great on his next job resume, as a rookie head coach who couldn't complete his first season and decided to take some time off lol
The Jazz are right where they should be; at a place in the standings where one day of rest or sickness changes the entire offseason

At this point I'm thinking we make the play in. We didn't do the necessary things to ensure the tank by resting a Olynyk for key game and we have a crazy level of resilience against solid teams. Now we are pretty close to getting Sexton and Clarkson back which may set us up for a strong finish. At the same time we have the clips losing George for the rest of the season and Zion still not ready to come back and Lebron still out for probably another 5 games. The schedule is tough to finish the season but things are actually setting up for us.

At this point I'm thinking we make the play in. We didn't do the necessary things to ensure the tank by resting a Olynyk for key game and we have a crazy level of resilience against solid teams. Now we are pretty close to getting Sexton and Clarkson back which may set us up for a strong finish. At the same time we have the clips losing George for the rest of the season and Zion still not ready to come back and Lebron still out for probably another 5 games. The schedule is tough to finish the season but things are actually setting up for us.
Yeah climbing up in this logjam right now is easier since the distance is shorter and a lot of those teams play each other as well.
However....... our next 2 games look like schedule losses which could change that completely.

I'm personally already happy with this season. I'm more worried about the boards turning ugly because the result wont satisfy the tankers or the playoff hopefuls.

yeah the best case scenario, will be if we can move up into the 8th spot in the standings with all those things going on right now, and only have to win once to get into that 7 spot against I guess Ja and co. In doing so either sending the Wolves to play the 9 10 winner, or better than that the Wolves already being at 9 or 10 going fishing after the one loss. We get our shot at Wemby from the late lottery via a Wolves late season collapse, and the young Jazz players get some spoiler reps against the Joker or Morant.
But in the end, this team has injuries, that will matter in the play ins and the intensity is picking up big time being able to see the endzone.
I don't think we have enough talent to get to the 8 without Sexton back and the Finnisher 100%.
I think we will eventually win the 9-10 match up or not even be in the play in. But if we do get the 9-10 and have to win again against the 7-8 loser it better be the Wolves so our pick is 15 and they go fishing with us in the lottery thanks to them

It’s possible the Jazz get in the 7/8 conversation if they shut down Lauri which they honestly just should do.
how is that even mathematically posslible now? I assume you mean 7th or 8th draft pick & not 7th or 8th seed in the bracket.
It would take a lot more than anything WE do to make that happen now. some far more tank driven orgs would have to start winning a lot of games to end the season imo