What's new

Jabari Parker

Needless to say the hit i put on LoPo’s life was late, and he started this abomination of a thread. Then it died, and some idiot got it going again.

I’m going to say it now, if the jazz sign or trade for Parker, it will set back the franchise years, a franchise killing move, mark my words. LoPo will wish he were dead. In two years. Yes... two years after freaking out like a little girl at a Justin Bieber concert learning Parker was a jazz man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. You are so dramatic Mr. Beaver.

Can we trade Exum and TB for Jabari if we use the TPEs?

Needless to say the hit i put on LoPo’s life was late, and he started this abomination of a thread. Then it died, and some idiot got it going again.

I’m going to say it now, if the jazz sign or trade for Parker, it will set back the franchise years, a franchise killing move, mark my words. LoPo will wish he were dead. In two years. Yes... two years after freaking out like a little girl at a Justin Bieber concert learning Parker was a jazz man.

You really should read the thread. I didn't start this thread. I do think our basketball culture will get the best out of Jabari, but if we don't get him, I'm also happy.

This is Donovan's team and isn't going to tank just because we add one guy.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

You really should read the thread. I didn't start this thread. I do think our basketball culture will get the best out of Jabari, but if we don't get him, I'm also happy.

This is Donovan's team and isn't going to tank just because we add one guy.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

My whole point is Parker doesn’t move any needles, we aren’t getting better with this move, and this addition keeps the front office from improving the team in any significant manner.

Plus we then avoid the awkward situation of declining his option ourselves, and offering him a new contract at half the amount.

Nope.

BTW for us to get Jabari now we need to guarantee his contract for next year, which means we are punting on high end free agency altogether this coming summer.

What this means is that trading for Jabari is not even in the realm of possibility this year. Jabari isn't worth anything close to 20 million and there's not a snowball's chance in hell Utah would throw away their options in FA to pay Jabari 20 million next season. In fact, NOBODY in the NBA is doing that, which is big reason why he has dropped out of Chicago's rotation. If there was any chance that Chicago could get any kind of trade value for him, they wouldn't have removed him from their rotation. Chicago won't be able to move him without taking back bad money, so they'd rather just cut their losses.

Anybody who believes trading for Jabari is even an option right now just doesn't understand the reality of the situation.

Jabari ain't shutting no one down any more than my superstition about choice of sock colors for a game.

Did you see him shut down Crowder last night?
"Shut down Crowder." Didn't know that was a thing.

Crowder is shutdown by him bricking wide open threes and missing layups.

*Edit* what Cy said.

My whole point is Parker doesn’t move any needles, we aren’t getting better with this move, and this addition keeps the front office from improving the team in any significant manner.

I disagree, if we can get him relatively cheap for his next contract he could be a very nice addition that does move the needle. Still need someone else too doe.