What's new

Jack Cooley

homeytennis

Does he have a snowball's chance to make the final roster. He looks a little bigger that Eric Booker and had similar stats in college to the guy we drafted in the 2nd round and shipped to Memphis. I just don't know that much about him.

Does he have a snowball's chance to make the final roster. He looks a little bigger that Eric Booker and had similar stats in college to the guy we drafted in the 2nd round and shipped to Memphis. I just don't know that much about him.

I don't think he can be an impact player, but he can definitely make the roster. He is bigger than TREVOR Booker, but they're also different positions. Cooley is a glass-eating rebounding machine, a little slow footed but is effective around the basket and has shown he can hit outside shots. I think he can make it, especially if the staff isn't fully confident in throwing Rudy out there in significant backup minutes.

Apparently he can stroke it, and he can stroke it from range. That's gonna be key in Quin's system - having 5 guys on the floor that can shoot.

I've said it before but he could potentially become a Pero Antic guy (who thrived last year with the Hawks under Quin's system).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAw8BSZO_FQ

I think he could be as good as Tyler Hansborugh. WHen Locked interviewed him, said he has a jumper and three point shot. Looked up his jump shot % his last year at Notre Dame: 41.3%...not too shabby.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];908279 said:
I mean, besides the fact that Antic has 10 years more experience, much of which was in a leadership position. Yaknow.

That experience graduating from Notre Dame ought to help.

I think Jack Cooley can be like Kevin Love. I mean, they are both around the same size and Cooley says he can shoot.

From what I've been able to gather, Cooley was successful at ND because he could rebound, and because he could finish in traffic, below the rim. Rebounding should translate. But, nobody takes even odds that his finishing skills will.

He's worth a look, but I doubt he has much of a chance with Favors, Kanter, Gobert, Booker, and Novak already on the roster.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];908329 said:
From what I've been able to gather, Cooley was successful at ND because he could rebound, and because he could finish in traffic, below the rim. Rebounding should translate. But, nobody takes even odds that his finishing skills will.

He's worth a look, but I doubt he has much of a chance with Favors, Kanter, Gobert, Booker, and Novak already on the roster.

Also, there's no way Evans doesn't make the roster.

Cooley's got no shot.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];908409 said:
Also, there's no way Evans doesn't make the roster.

Cooley's got no shot.

Yeah, what unique skill does Cooley have to add to the team?

He might be a NBA player, but he doesn't bring anything to the team that we don't already have out of our regular rotation players. At least Evans brings some unique physical capabilities.

Yeah, what unique skill does Cooley have to add to the team?

He might be a NBA player, but he doesn't bring anything to the team that we don't already have out of our regular rotation players. At least Evans brings some unique physical capabilities.

I think it'll depend on how good a shooter he turns out to be. I haven't seen him play much but from the Locke interview, they both seems to agree that he can shoot it with some range - and that's gonna go down pretty well in Quin's new system.

Motum > Cooley.

I thought Motum looked really good for Australia and seems like a guy who could play the 4 in Snyder's uptempo system. He had some 3 ability in college too.