What's new

Jack Cooley

Motum has the edge over Cooley, Cooleys good Stampede Fodder though and could come in if injuries take effect

Having watched both Cooley(in Turkish league) and Motum(in Fiba Cup) I'd give the edge to Cooley. He's simply much stronger than Motum and that would help greatly for translating his traits to the NBA. He's also a smart player on the court.

I liked Motum a lot in the Fiba Cup too, though. He's a calm and consistent presence on the court, has a feel for the game. But nevertheless, they are both limited players in terms of their upsides which is being a good bench big and role player at their peeks. Still, they will be very useful for the Jazz rotation, practices and all. Plus they look like good guys, so it's going to be good for the team chemistry too.

Having watched both Cooley(in Turkish league) and Motum(in Fiba Cup) I'd give the edge to Cooley. He's simply much stronger than Motum and that would help greatly for translating his traits to the NBA. He's also a smart player on the court.

I liked Motum a lot in the Fiba Cup too, though. He's a calm and consistent presence on the court, has a feel for the game. But nevertheless, they are both limited players in terms of their upsides which is being a good bench big and role player at their peeks. Still, they will be very useful for the Jazz rotation, practices and all. Plus they look like good guys, so it's going to be good for the team chemistry too.

Both strike me as Cory Violette type players. Violette was a guy who was in the Jazz camp and played Summer League with the Jazz but I don't think he ever played a minute in the league. He was a good DLeague player, played overseas for awhile and is now Gonzaga's color man on the radio.

Both strike me as Cory Violette type players. Violette was a guy who was in the Jazz camp and played Summer League with the Jazz but I don't think he ever played a minute in the league. He was a good DLeague player, played overseas for awhile and is now Gonzaga's color man on the radio.

Hmm, don't know about him so can't say much.

But I believe both Cooley and Motum have their chances to be useful in the NBA. Especially considering some of the big men in the NBA currently, I can't see many reasons for them not to be able to make it.

Violette was a guy that I think is Sap's age and wasn't that far behind Sap Stats wise in one summer league I remember and was brought to camp and did not make the final roster. He was a tad short to be a 4 and really didn't have the range or qucks to be a 3. Perhaps Motum and Cooley could be a Kenneth Faried type guy.

Reactions: ema
Violette was a guy that I think is Sap's age and wasn't that far behind Sap Stats wise in one summer league I remember and was brought to camp and did not make the final roster. He was a tad short to be a 4 and really didn't have the range or qucks to be a 3. Perhaps Motum and Cooley could be a Kenneth Faried type guy.

From Locke: "Brock Motum and Jack Cooley have both found ways to be effective basketball players without great athletic skills.".