What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast Listener Mailbag

Honestly I don't mind a couple of low-excitement years while reloading with talent. My bigger problem with our rebuild so far has been the lack of any discernible plan. It just feels like we are just... in holding pattern ... waiting for those picks to materialize.
I don’t mind it but I don’t prefer it you know?

It doesn’t help watching our former player leading a team as the 2nd best player to the WCF.

Yeah, it’s definitely going to make it in the pod. It’s a great question. I have a lot of thoughts about it.

If we go back to 2022 I really did not want to blow it up specifically because of the last two years and years to come. Rebuilding and being bad for multiple years is brutal.
Bonus points if it's not the usual "Young talent, lots of draft picks, etc." stuff. Sure it might be true enough to be worth mentioning. But does any bad team in the league not have some amount of young talent and draft picks that they could convince themselves might work out some day?

A more Jazz specific answer would be appreciated.

Nah Cy is on an extremely well-justified victory lap. If he wasn't doing it, I probably would be.
Exactly. You would be doing it. I would be doing it. But we don't. There are lots of fans who have always believed in gobert. Like tons. But only one is digging up old posts in a bunch of threads to make themselves look good. The same poster who has done it before for other things he was right about and will do it again in the future.

Young jefe and a few others would probably be doing the same dumb **** cy is doing if the wolves lost last night though probably not at the same volume. They douchebags too. You would probably think they were lame for doing the same thing cy is doing had the nuggets won last night (I would)

I find that kind of gloating behavior to be petty, insecure and annoying. I will like the podcast better without that kind of crap.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Nah Cy is on an extremely well-justified victory lap. If he wasn't doing it, I probably would be.
Cy is rarely right about anything so he can take a victory lap all he wants. It’s for a player not on the Jazz on a JazzFanz forum but yeah go ahead. He’s definitely justified.

Exactly. You would be doing it. I would be doing it. But we don't. There are lots of fans who have always believed in gobert. Like tons. But only one is digging up old posts in a bunch of threads to make themselves look good. The same poster who has done it before for other things he was right about and will do it again in the future.

Young jefe and a few others would probably be doing the same dumb **** cy is doing if the wolves lost last night though probably not at the same volume. They douchebags too. You would probably think they were lame for doing the same thing cy is doing had the nuggets won last night (I would)

I find that kind of gloating behavior to be petty, insecure and annoying. I will like the podcast better without that kind of crap.

Cry more

Cy is rarely right about anything so he can take a victory lap all he wants. It’s for a player not on the Jazz on a JazzFanz forum but yeah go ahead. He’s definitely justified.
This is ridiculous. It's for a Jazz legend. This place would be pretty barren right now if we were only allowed to talk about the current team.

You really need to drop the gatekeeping.

This is ridiculous. It's for a Jazz legend. This place would be pretty barren right now if we were only allowed to talk about the current team.

You really need to drop the gatekeeping.
This place would definitely be barren without someone bumping random threads from 2021.

Pulling receipts on forums is a tradition as old as time. We are here instead of a Discord server for a reason.

Why aren't we calling out this @The Midnight account which was recently revived only to root against the Wolves and posts WAY more than anyone else during games?

Also, how would any of this relate to a hypothetical podcast discussion?

This
I don't blame them. I mean you are currently making jazzfanz annoying to read. Don't need you ruining the podcast as well.

Its not even about disagreement. The way he talks about us and the pod I have no reason to believe he would even want to be on lol. Healthy disagreement is all fine... name calling and flinging poo cuz you feel like it is something else. Based on his statements he doesn't want to be on... based on his attitude I don't want him on. Shrug.

Alright, here are some more suggestions since you didn't like my first one:

- When did you know that you were Jazz addict? (i.e. you missed work to watch a game or lied to your significant other about something Jazz related)
- Favorite Jazz memory?
- Craziest Jazz Superstition?

Its not even about disagreement. The way he talks about us and the pod I have no reason to believe he would even want to be on lol. Healthy disagreement is all fine... name calling and flinging poo cuz you feel like it is something else. Based on his statements he doesn't want to be on... based on his attitude I don't want him on. Shrug.
We literally messaged him and scheduled him to come on sometime during draft talk then he did nothing but talk **** about our podcast and hate listen.

OK, that sucks. I remember you saying you were going to have a special guest on, and then it didn't happen. I'll stop pushing for it and blame Cy now.
I just don’t understand what people get out of trashing people who are trying to do something for the community and Jazz fans alike. We lose money every month making the podcast.

OK, that sucks. I remember you saying you were going to have a special guest on, and then it didn't happen. I'll stop pushing for it and blame Cy now.
Except the latter didn't happen. I said I would do a draft pod and I still stand by that. I had critiques on one or two pods. Was far from **** talking.

Back