What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast Listener Mailbag

Pulling receipts on forums is a tradition as old as time. We are here instead of a Discord server for a reason.

Why aren't we calling out this @The Midnight account which was recently revived only to root against the Wolves and posts WAY more than anyone else during games?

Also, how would any of this relate to a hypothetical podcast discussion?
You dont think that dude has been called out? Lol. I called him myself for one. Saw like 10 others talking **** to him as well. Rightfully so

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Please bump these post so people can see...
Sure thing, this is what I found just doing a quick search of our last couple of episodes:

Also I cringed at how hard HH wanted that Randle comp to land when Tony wasn't buying it at all
The podcast name is "Jackpotting Around" but the intro says "podcast that tells you what you need to hear not what you want".

Kind of a tonal contradiction. Name sounds loose but the podcast has more of a no nonsense vibe.
God the Sexton talk was truly insufferable.
Love how y'all almost immediately contradict yourselves.
This pod confirms trading Lauri is a terrible idea
The draft conversation (regarding strength) was so reductive and bad imo.

We want feedback and criticism but when it’s only that over and over from someone specific without any good things to say at the same time makes it feel a little disingenuous.

Its not even about disagreement. The way he talks about us and the pod I have no reason to believe he would even want to be on lol. Healthy disagreement is all fine... name calling and flinging poo cuz you feel like it is something else. Based on his statements he doesn't want to be on... based on his attitude I don't want him on. Shrug.
It's just funny. I mean we all saw in so many gamethreads all year long how cy would be quiet until the first time Kessler did something negative and then immediately post. Same with all the sexton stuff. The tht stuff. The Hendricks stuff. (And that's just last season lol. Plus I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff)
It's what he does. Some people apparently like that style of poster.
Just ain't my cup of tea. I have never been a fan of the boisterous Stephen a smith types. But obviously that type of person has fans.

Whatevs. I have been pretty quiet during all the gobert back and forth. Just wanted to chime that I appreciate that your podcast doesn't have the extreme personality type on it. I like the fun, chill, adult discussion. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

We want feedback and criticism but when it’s only that over and over from someone specific without any good things to say at the same time feels disingenuous.
Except that I said several positive things.....

It's fine y'all are hurt over someone being critical when you said you welcomed criticism but w/e.

I thought the draft talk would have been substantive, opposing view points, and fun, but if you want a Krispy Kreme podcast that's what you want.

Except that I said several positive things.....

It's fine y'all are hurt over someone being critical when you said you welcomed criticism but w/e.

I thought the draft talk would have been substantive, opposing view points, and fun, but if you want a Krispy Kreme podcast that's what you want.
Nice, Krispy Kreme podcast, huh? You literally can’t help yourself from talking ****.

The draft conversation (regarding strength) was so reductive and bad imo.

God the Sexton talk was truly insufferable.

No talk about his next contract. No talk about how he fits long term next to Keyonte. For how much y'all (rightfully) raved about his play this year, there was no talk about if he should be prioritized as PG over Keyonte. Or maybe finding a PG that is bigger to better fit next to Sexton. No talk about trade value.

Why aren't people excited about Sexton while he is having a truly incredible offensive season? Because the FO/Hardy have clearly signaled Keyonte is the PGOTF and it's just tough to have Sexton as a starting 2 guard. He's also far too good to sign a contract to be a 6th man.

The "definitive" Sexton talk was just y'all reacting to advanced stats you don't have access to that you saw in Twitter...

I guess I just hate sarcasm in basketball pods. The "is that good" *snickering* as you read something that is obviously good just grates to me to no end, especially when it's repeated constantly. Sam Vecenie loves that, so I can hear the clear Vecenie influence there.

And again, idk, the tone just doesnt suit me if that is the direction it's going. Is it going to be a pod where in depth Jazz related topics are discussed or just a fan service pod where you react to/talk to the average Jazz twitter opinions? I guess you're going for just a general podcast that can touch on whatever and however?
Yeah I mean its fine if you want to be critical and even make fun of us... its fine but I'm not going to waste my time having you on if I grate you to no end and am insufferable yada yada. When you put something out there like this you expect some to hate it. You sounded like you hated it... so why would I invite you on?

This doesn't even consider all the other BS throughout the years.

I just got caught up reading the thread.

#1 Wow, just wow that turned quickly.
#2 I don't subscribe to any podcast, but I have been listening to most all of your episodes and enjoyed them. I sometimes agree and sometimes don't, but I always enjoy them.
#3 Cy does go off quite a bit, but I also find some of his takes insightful, especially at draft time.
#4 One topic idea as we approach the draft is what you think a fair price is to move up from our current draft positions in this draft. There seems to be a wide range of ideas on how much it might cost to move from 10 to the the 5, 6, 7, or 8 ranges or what our 29 and 32 could get us. Another idea might be what commonly projected top 10-12 players would you avoid at #10. Keep up the good work.

Show me the several positive things you said and I will admit I was wrong.
I would count basically everything I said on the threads to be positive. You asked for feedback, I gave feedback.

Nothing was inflammatory, derogatory, or negative. At some point I realized what the pod was going for wasn't my taste to listen to so I stopped giving feedback (other than the Seinfeld thing, which I assumed was a joke in good taste but maybe I hit a nerve with HH)

I was told my draft takes were wanted so I offered (and it seemed people in the forum wanted it). You don't have to like a podcast to be on a podcast. If y'all don't want me on anymore it's fine, but to act like it's because I was "name calling and flinging poo" is ridiculous imo

Cy is like the Ja Morant of the forum. Extremely talented. When it’s going good it’s going real good but damn it he just can’t get out of his own way. Keeps making the same mistakes and it’s detrimental to him yet he keeps doing it no matter how many times he’s been told not to. People like him (myself included) because the good stuff is really ****ing good but deep down we know it won’t last forever and we are just waiting to get let down again.

Cy is like the Ja Morant of the forum. Extremely talented. When it’s going good it’s going real good but damn it he just can’t get out of his own way. Keeps making the same mistakes and it’s detrimental to him yet he keeps doing it no matter how many times he’s been told not to. People like him (myself included) because the good stuff is really ****ing good but deep down we know it won’t last forever and we are just waiting to get let down again.
Man, you are so damn weird. It's a damn basketball forum.

It's crazy that might affect on some posters is so heavy to the point that I actually let them down. Like one day EH logged on hoping to read my insightful basketball post and instead saw something he didn't like and it emotionally affected him.

Back