What's new

James Gunn

How dare people vocalize criticism of Jay Leno! Tyranny!

For making a joke about Koreans eating dogs, when, in fact, Koreans eat more than a million dogs per year?!

If anything, saying people have a hard time distinguishing different Asains from Koreans is tenfold more racist than anything Leno said.

I'm not surprised by your comment though. How dare Leno!

Last edited:
For making a joke about Koreans eating dogs, when, in fact, Koreans eat more than a million dogs per year.

If anything, saying people have a hard time distinguishing different Asains from Koreans is tenfold more racist than anything Leno said.

But what if the dogs in Korea deserve it?

Like what if they are particularly annoying dogs. Not cute fun dogs like we have in America. Just yappy, heal biting, carpet peeing, leg humpers?

I don't know what Korean dogs act like.

I'm playing off Michelle Wolf's current set where she opens with a story about otters raping baby seals. I saw that set live at wiseguys in SLC and now it is part of her recent Netflix special. My post is a cheap imitation of that.

Last edited:
For making a joke about Koreans eating dogs, when, in fact, Koreans eat more than a million dogs per year.

I'd highly recommend "All the Flavors" by Ken Liu for a lot of reasons, but one of them in regard to the eating of dogs.

https://giganotosaurus.org/2012/02/01/all-the-flavors/

If anyone is familiar with the KOEI game series "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms" (or if you are familiar with that novel) I'd say it would be especially enjoyable to read and/or listen to. I probably played a few thousand hours of "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms III" after playing several hundred of TRotTK I and II. It was so entertaining listening to a story about the characters I gravitated to in the game when I could have chosen literally hundreds of other characters.

Last edited:
How dare people vocalize criticism of Jay Leno! Tyranny!
Vocalize all you want. To me the line is crossed when there is a concerted effort to affect someone's livelihood. So condemn it for what it is but the calls for the network to sever all ties is over the line imo. Go through the process we would at any other employer. File a complaint, an investigation takes place (I conducted one last week in something somewhat similar), and issue corrective action as befits the behavior. In the investigation I did last week we issued a final written warning. If it happens again he will be terminated. It should depend on the actual behavior and the investigation, and shouldn't hinge on how much people publicly condemn someone, or how much pressure a few people can bring to bear on an organization.

Vocalize all you want. To me the line is crossed when there is a concerted effort to affect someone's livelihood. So condemn it for what it is but the calls for the network to sever all ties is over the line imo. Go through the process we would at any other employer. File a complaint, an investigation takes place (I conducted one last week in something somewhat similar), and issue corrective action as befits the behavior. In the investigation I did last week we issued a final written warning. If it happens again he will be terminated. It should depend on the actual behavior and the investigation, and shouldn't hinge on how much people publicly condemn someone, or how much pressure a few people can bring to bear on an organization.

Most of the time I cringe at the online mob mentality that a person must suffer, lose their job, and their life must be destroyed forever.

Michael Vick is going through this now. The dude served his time and has ton a lot of good for the community since his dog fighting days, but online mobs want him to suffer and have no mercy on him because he's a forever POS who isn't allowed to learn from his mistakes and move on with life.

When people try and get people fired, I often wonder if they even know how bad that can screw someone's life up.

It's a sad mentality to have (for the most part.) I hope Trump loses his job.

Hehepeepeecaca

For making a joke about Koreans eating dogs, when, in fact, Koreans eat more than a million dogs per year?!

Its interesting because his co host was way more offensive. The whole MSG thing is a complete lie and is based on racism. Gillams was just not funny or interesting. Sucks for him but as an SNL fan I'm glad he didnt make it because he just doesnt seem funny at all in general.

Its interesting because his co host was way more offensive. The whole MSG thing is a complete lie and is based on racism. Gillams was just not funny or interesting. Sucks for him but as an SNL fan I'm glad he didnt make it because he just doesnt seem funny at all in general.

I have no idea what you're talking about other than SNL and MSG. Can you feel me in, please?

I didn't say you did. Your comment still doesn't suprise me though. Always figured you were a Letterman guy and would throw shade at Leno at any given chance.

Actually, I always thought Leno was funnier. Letterman was more innovative (at least when he was young), but I laughed at Leno more.

Do you support the organization condemning Leno and his comments? Is he a racists?

I don't know enough about the organization to say they are worth supporting, and they don't really need my support. The article you linked to points out that Leno has made repeated comments, so I don't feel sorry for him. NBC will do what they feel is most profitable for them.

I have no idea what you're talking about other than SNL and MSG. Can you feel me in, please?

The podcast that got Gillam canned they were talking about asians and the other guy on it was like "Yeah those assholes invented a chemical, MSG, to get you addicted to their ****** food." And kept going on and on about it. Which is not true, MSG is naturally occurring in a ton of foods, is not addictive, and is not dangerous.