What's new

Game Thread Jan 01, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Warriors

Added to Calendar: 01-01-22

Not gonna complain much. Jazz had their usual mistakes and weaknesses but were in a position to win the game. Rest disadvantage and all.

I don't know how Whiteside would fare but it would probably be better than Gay out there. He looked so lost and slow out there.

No Klay and still a loss on our home court. What happens when Klay comes back? The warriors will be a very deep team at that point.

It’s a good outcome for a moneyballer, because we don’t really need to do anything different because we just need to count on our shots to fall over larger samples. “Oh, well _____ was an anomaly and that’s not going to happen again.”

The most reassuring part is that anomalies don’t happen in the playoffs, only teh moneyballs.

Can't stand Golden State. Bunch of sell outs, guys like Otter Porter in the peak of their careers accepting vet min contracts and Iguodala refusing to play for others teams when contracted. Pricks spend the whole game fouling on the perimeter yet rarely get called for it.

Conley, Spida and JIngles 9-38 from the field. If Forrest, Hughes, Butler and Oni did that we would be calling on them to be waived immediately. This one is on the smartest man in the room. Horrid defense in the 2nd and 4th quarters and really poor adjustments by the coaching staff.

The Warriors play 4 guys who are long and athletic, plus Steph Curry. A team needs to be athletic in order to play them. Time and again, Ingles disappears in matchups like this.

Can't stand Golden State. Bunch of sell outs, guys like Otter Porter in the peak of their careers accepting vet min contracts and Iguodala refusing to play for others teams when contracted. Pricks spend the whole game fouling on the perimeter yet rarely get called for it.
U can't winn game when only 3 players show up . Missing hasan was crucial

This team is 2nd round exit. Nothing but a cute regular season team. This game was litmus test and with no klay and dray, they failed miserably.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

What a ****** night. Utah’s defense gives up nearly 700 yards and the Jazz take a massive dump against the warriors.

Also, jingles was terrible. One of my all time favorites. But he’s killing this team. We need some juice at the 3-4. It looks so slow and stagnant.

It’s a good outcome for a moneyballer, because we don’t really need to do anything different because we just need to count on our shots to fall over larger samples. “Oh, well _____ was an anomaly and that’s not going to happen again.”

The most reassuring part is that anomalies don’t happen in the playoffs, only teh moneyballs.
So you're saying we need to get rid of Mitchell, since it was mostly Donovan who we should expect to do better on larger sample sizes? Since he's the playoff moneyball guy?

No Klay and still a loss on our home court. What happens when Klay comes back? The warriors will be a very deep team at that point.
You forgot dray as well. No say we can match up with them at full strength. Just have to be lucky to avoid them in a bracket which is pathetic too smh.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I like how the warriors actually pass the ball to get open shots instead of trying on 2 SGs going 1 on 5. It’s a pretty offense to watch.

What about all the turnovers and crappy shooting?

We didn't have that many turnovers tonight.

Mitchell/Ingles and to a lesser degree Conley just couldn't get it going offensively.

Not surprisingly the Warriors picked our perimeter defense apart as well. No fix on the roster for that.

We didn't have that many turnovers tonight.

Mitchell/Ingles and to a lesser degree Conley just couldn't get it going offensively.

Not surprisingly the Warriors picked our perimeter defense apart as well. No fix on the roster for that.
If we don’t have a roster fix then what do you think will happen if/when we face them in the playoffs?