What's new

Game Thread Jan 03, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Kings

Added to Calendar: 01-03-23

If we got KO on him again.. I dont see why not.
I like Kelly, but have to agree that he has defensive limitations. That being said, Kessler imo has some strength and stamina issues (in his first NBA season) that constrain his minutes allotment. I personally, based on favorable showings, can’t believe we don’t give Dok a short minutes opportunity against a banger like Sarbonis.

I like Kelly, but have to agree that he has defensive limitations. That being said, Kessler imo has some strength and stamina issues (in his first NBA season) that constrain his minutes allotment. I personally, based on favorable showings, can’t believe we don’t give Dok a short minutes opportunity against a banger like Sarbonis.
I dont think Hardy does those types of rotations much. He seems to be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd string guy.

Dok is 3rd string, so unless Kessler or Vando gets injured, he stays at the end of the bench most likely.

A few things I don't want to see repeated in this game:

- Our guards acting like they're about to drop dead from exhaustion every time they have to go over a Sabonis screen. Clarkson in particular looked like he was 60 years old and trying to run in quicksand. All that was missing was a thought bubble over his head saying "I'm not paid to do this ****, I'm a scorer".

- Rudy Gay closing out lethal shooters like Huerter with his hands down.

I dont think Hardy does those types of rotations much. He seems to be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd string guy.

Dok is 3rd string, so unless Kessler or Vando gets injured, he stays at the end of the bench most likely.
No you’re right about that unfortunately. With most teams, I completely understand that line of thinking, but with our squad I’m not sure that there’s enough separation between our second and third teams. Anyway, regarding our bigs in particular, a smart coach should be more situational I believe.

Really looking forward to tonight’s game as I feel fatigue has a been a big factor in our not getting over the line in the last two at least. Hardy has become so Snyder-like in his substitutions, he doesn’t really factor schedule fatigue into the equation imo.

Last edited:
Lauri needs to drop 72
Mitchell took 34 shots.

Lauri needs like three games for that.

(34 shots. Thirty-four shots by one player. I still can't get my head around it. That's one of the most disgusting NBA numbers I've seen in my life. And that's saying something. How do you play a game and justify 34 field goal attempts?)

Mitchell took 34 shots.

(34 shots. Thirty-four shots by one player. I still can't get my head around it. That's one of the most disgusting NBA numbers I've seen in my life. And that's saying something. How do you play a game and justify 34 field goal attempts?)

That’s not counting the possessions he took shots that didn’t count because he got fouled. He shot 25 free throws. So at least 10 or so more possessions where he took a shot.

Mitchell took 34 shots.

Also, it’s really not that much. Booker took 40 shots when he scored 70. It’s not even in the top-25 of most shots in a game since 2010 lol.

Mitchell took 34 shots.

It's a 2OT game, though. Derozan took 32 shots in the same game (playing 4 minutes less). And Klay took 39 shots (also 46 minutes, also 2OT) against the Hawks. And those were just today. (Previous time someone had 39 was Giannis last year, highest since 2000 is Kobe against us in his final game, with 50).

Edit: Also, I guess you justify it by hitting 22 of them.

It's a 2OT game, though. Derozan took 32 shots in the same game (playing 4 minutes less). And Klay took 39 shots (also 46 minutes, also 2OT) against the Hawks. And those were just today. (Previous time someone had 39 was Giannis last year, highest since 2000 is Kobe against us in his final game, with 50).

Edit: Also, I guess you justify it by hitting 22 of them.
Nope

Mitchell took 34 shots.

Well Kobe took 46 shots in his 81 point game... in regulation!

But hey, he did have 2 assists in that game.

If Lauri drops 72, I will streak down my street naked whilst drinking champagne after first painting the Finnish flag on my chest.*

*Bookmark this if you want.
If you want to make a statement, paint the flag on your left butt-cheak. Looking foward for the video.