What's new

Game Thread Jan 03, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Kings

Added to Calendar: 01-03-23

Hardy has to look his players in the face at the end of the day. If Ochai/Simone are actively making the team worse, how do you look Lauri/Conley/Clarkson in the face and act like a serious coach?
you tell them the truth. part of your job is to develop those players and see if they can part of the future of the club - they may (or may not) make the team worse now, but down the road may end up helping the team win games - and their job is to play their asses off. it isn't rocket science. those players have been in the league a long time, they know how this **** works.

you tell them the truth. part of your job is to develop those players and see if they can part of the future of the club - they may (or may not) make the team worse now, but down the road may end up helping the team win games - and their job is to play their asses off. it isn't rocket science. those players have been in the league a long time, they know how this **** works.
Will Hardy is 33 years old man. I think we are purposefully ignoring how much nuance and how many angles there are to these kinds of things

Last edited:
Gobert has the worst +/- on the Timberwolves at -96. He must really suck then right? Or is +/- flawed with a lot of variables when it comes to individual players?
I'm not saying it's the end all be all by any means, but he's a rookie coach who is probably grasping at straws for things that work and for whatever reason those 15 minutes of Rudy Gay are working l.

I'm not saying it's the end all be all by any means, but he's a rookie coach who is probably grasping at straws for things that work and for whatever reason those 15 minutes of Rudy Gay are working l.

Gay actually would be really productive if he just stuck to the Royce role. He plays solid defense and is a solid rebounder. The way he plays on offense though is so ****ing ridiculous.

Leader in +/- Rudy Gay

At the same time he is the leader in suck

Or i could say “how can he only play the guy who leads us in plus minus 15 minutes per night and then look the other players in the face?” If rudy is so good then he should be getting more minutes.

We all know he isnt good though. You included and the plus minus stat is a complete fluke in gays instance.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

At the same time he is the leader in suck

Or i could say “how can he only play the guy who leads us in plus minus 15 minutes per night and then look the other players in the face?” If rudy is so good then he should be getting more minutes.

We all know he isnt good though. You included and the plus minus stat is a complete fluke in gays instance.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Complete flukes usually dont last that long

yeah, just one game - doesn't mean anything. i just thought it was funny he got a shot and played pretty well after the discussion earlier in the day so i couldn't resist.
The reality is that almost all young players are going to have pretty big swings from game to game or week to week and you will have fans that go overboard on both sides. Unfortunately you also have coaches that do the same thing so they are overly punished when they struggle and it is hard to fight your way out of that dog house. That was going to be the one advantage of being trash this year is players were going to be able to play through those ups and downs. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way and as of now we haven't seen much player development from some of the youngsters.