What's new

Game Thread Jan 05, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 01-05-22

Eh, i think if bogey and royce fight hard for rebounds gobert still gets em all anyway and bogey and royce end up with thier normal 4 or 5.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
We'd only know if they did. I'd like to see increased effort on crashing the boards. More on the offensive end as we are among the best defensive rebounding teams and we have the plan to cut early and try to get ahead of their defense. But on the offensive end it would be good for them to crash the boards more imo.

Remember all teh posters that were so worried the backend of Bogey's contract would be a millstone... "we better move him now before his trade value evaporates and his terrible deal hamstrings our future".

We'd only know if they did. I'd like to see increased effort on crashing the boards. More on the offensive end as we are among the best defensive rebounding teams and we have the plan to cut early and try to get ahead of their defense. But on the offensive end it would be good for them to crash the boards more imo.
That is a choice that Snyder has made. Crashing the offensive boards leads to fast breaks on the other end. The Jazz defensive scheme does not want to allow fast breaks, like obsessively.

Eh, i think if bogey and royce fight hard for rebounds gobert still gets em all anyway and bogey and royce end up with thier normal 4 or 5.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I have watched a dozen times at least this year Bojan fighting Gobert for a board. A few times it has led to an out of bounds under the basket. If Bojan played for another team he would average a lot more rebounds.

That is a choice that Snyder has made. Crashing the offensive boards leads to fast breaks on the other end. The Jazz defensive scheme does not want to allow fast breaks, like obsessively.
At least with how we scheme currently, they often score on the other end regardless. Perhaps the best defense is an offensive rebound.

I have watched a dozen times at least this year Bojan fighting Gobert for a board. A few times it has led to an out of bounds under the basket. If Bojan played for another team he would average a lot more rebounds.
His rebounding history does not support this. This is his current career high in rebounds/36 at 4.9, while his TRB% has always hovered high 6s, low 7s.

Quin's comments after the game are telling of why this was a big win... said it was a good win and most unique game.... its like the sex machine found a new pleasure point and maybe he's excited to tinker a bit. Said it was the most unique game... we likely just end up going back to what we normally do but Quin's interest has been piqued

Quin's comments after the game are telling of why this was a big win... said it was a good win and most unique game.... its like the sex machine found a new pleasure point and maybe he's excited to tinker a bit. Said it was the most unique game... we likely just end up going back to what we normally do but Quin's interest has been piqued
Where may I find this interview?

At least with how we scheme currently, they often score on the other end regardless. Perhaps the best defense is an offensive rebound.

His rebounding history does not support this. This is his current career high in rebounds/36 at 4.9, while his TRB% has always hovered high 6s, low 7s.
Career high in rebounds.

So maybe Udoka will get more playing time now
Jazz need him when Gobert or Whiteside can't play

Rudy Gay was so much better at 5 than in the Warriors game (with his age the fatigue of B2B must be definitely a big factor). Bojan has been amazing. As to his improved rebounding - he clearly gives more effort on that end this year, there was a play game or two before where he flew out of bounds trying hard to secure offensive rebound, he didn't make those kind of plays in previous seasons.