What's new

Game Thread Jan 07, 2022 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Raptors

Added to Calendar: 01-07-22

he is small for a big man and he's not exactly bouncy to reach over guys. not sure how he can improve on that

I'm not sure either but he's going to have to find a way. Also going to have to become a much better 3 point shooter.

Last edited:
He looks like fat boy barbecue to me. He needs to let the Mailman whip him into shape in the off season in the Arkansas barn.
Did you see how quick his feet were? He brought it for almost 40 minutes. Dude is in shape he just looks a little round overall. I'm guessing pretty low body fat.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

different roles. if you wanna play Hughes you'd give him all the usg% he can possibly handle.

I don’t think so. Hughes was an iso player in college, but that’s not going to be his game in the NBA. His game is going to be shooting a ton of catch and shoot 3’s and attacking closeouts like he did tonight.

I think one of the reasons why Quin wants Forrest is to not have Joe be the primary ball handler in that lineup and save some miles…but it’s definitely does not make for a more effective lineup.

We did miles better with Oni last year and I suspect we’d do the same with Hughes or House. I still wish we were giving those minutes because he has the skills to play with and without the ball.

True but with what Forrest does Hughes could do just as well. Some minutes are better than no minutes. At least Hughes can knock down 3's.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app
forrest a playmaker and plus defender. scoring remain his biggest problem. hughes is a bucket getter but not much else. in his career he's had about as many turnovers as he had in assists. they are like completely opposite to one another.

I don’t think so. Hughes was an iso player in college, but that’s not going to be his game in the NBA. His game is going to be shooting a ton of catch and shoot 3’s and attacking closeouts like he did tonight.

I think one of the reasons why Quin wants Forrest is to not have Joe be the primary ball handler in that lineup and save some miles…but it’s definitely does not make for a more effective lineup.

We did miles better with Oni last year and I suspect we’d do the same with Hughes or House. I still wish we were giving those minutes because he has the skills to play with and without the ball.
he's been a high usg% player throughout his college career... of course he can adjust to a different role but until he can knock down three balls more consistently(34% in college and 34% his rookie season), it's a wait and see situation.

forrest a playmaker and plus defender. scoring remain his biggest problem. hughes is a bucket getter but not much else. in his career he's had about as many turnovers as he had in assists. they are like completely opposite to one another.
What I saw tonight and in some (not all) of his summer league and GLeague games is that Hughes plays hard. Sloan would have loved him.

he's been a high usg% player throughout his college career... of course he can adjust to a different role but until he can knock down three balls more consistently(34% in college and 34% his rookie season), it's a wait and see situation.

I don't think we need to wait and see if he can play the same way he did in college....it's just not going to happen in the NBA. If he can't play the Niang/Bogey role effectively, he's not going to make it.

I don't think we need to wait and see if he can play the same way he did in college....it's just not going to happen in the NBA. If he can't play the Niang/Bogey role effectively, he's not going to make it.
certainly not on this team since we already got JC. but maybe on a different team. i mean guys like Armoni Brooks and Jaylen Nowell are getting some extended runs on their teams as of late, and both these guys are less talented than Hughes

Last edited:
Hughes can take and make the corner three… his defense is also good. He’s got a knack for taking charges.

Forrest is not good. I’m sorry. His “playmaking” is not a thing… he passes and dribbles a lot. Hughes can handle enough to help Ingles and JC… plus they have Gay. Let Hughes, House, Butler hang in the corner and play off ball… they are all likely better options than Trent.

I don't really understand what Quin sees in Forrest.

He’s a perimeter player who can’t and won’t shoot… you better be Ben Simmons if that is how you gonna play. By all accounts he’s a hard worker and super professional but that doesn’t mean he should play.

Forrest is a solid defender… but he has to be special on that end to be better suited for the role we need out of that spot if he’s going to be more effective than House or Hughes or any guy that can play acceptable defense and make a corner three at 35%. He has an insane turnover rate for a guy that does almost nothing on offense.

In short… Quin is wrong

It was more than being homers and getting too hyped. The one guys was simply making sounds instead of words many times throughout. He would do a native american war cry. Then simply scream like a girl. There was a point where he simply kept saying the word "buckets" over and over in different tones and volume level. It was incredibly over the top and ridiculous beyond any possible description I could type.
As far as knowing basketball.... Dude was saying that van fleet in the 3rd was the most impressive 3rd quarter he had seen from any player from any team in nba history. Then his co announcer brings up how siakim scored more in a quarter before. Lol a dude currently playing and for the same team had a better quarter and dude was acting like van fleet played better than any player in history.
It was horrendous.
It was ridiculous. I made fun of it in here. That wierd yell is something he is known for and fans like. The level of hype was beyond silly though. Still easier to watch for me. Partially for the laughs in that quarter though.