What's new

Game Thread Jan 12, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Cavaliers

Added to Calendar: 01-12-22

I’d imagine he’s waiting for Donovan to call him and apologize for each perceived offense.

Trying to keep the analogy straight here, Billy Don Madison apologizes to Nucky oneye Thompson who then proceeds to shoot Josh Lyman to protect Billy Don—is that correct?

Having Don and JC on the floor together is like playing 3 on 5 defensively. And the other 3, sans Rudy, aren’t much better. It’s astounding how often those 2 lose track of their man on D and offer little or no contest if the guy they’re “guarding” happens to be in the vicinity.

I honestly think Ingles wants no part of playing without Gobert. The Jazz are playing terrible basketball currently and Ingles is probably disgusted.

I honestly think Ingles wants no part of playing without Gobert. The Jazz are playing terrible basketball currently and Ingles is probably disgusted.
Yeah it really did feel like he purposely got himself kicked out. Was really weird.

I think it's encouraging that we had decently long stretches where a 5 out lineup looked pretty good defensively. That is definitely improvement vs anything we've seen in the past. Trying to stay positive.

I think it's encouraging that we had decently long stretches where a 5 out lineup looked pretty good defensively. That is definitely improvement vs anything we've seen in the past. Trying to stay positive.
We did show in the first half that we can make that work for a given period of time. Of course we don't know what it would look like against another small lineup, but we can hang with big guys for a while anyway. That made this a decent test.

What's the 5 out defensive rebounding numbers though?

I wouldnt want to play with Donovan and Clarkson either.
Funny that Joe has mentioned that those are 2 of his favorite teammates, especially Clarkson. But Joe seems to get a long really well with everyone on the team though, just who he is.

I was annoyed at how quickly the ref seemed to toss Joe out but it really wouldn't have made a difference in the loss overall.

Funny that Joe has mentioned that those are 2 of his favorite teammates, especially Clarkson. But Joe seems to get a long really well with everyone on the team though, just who he is.

I was annoyed at how quickly the ref seemed to toss Joe out but it really wouldn't have made a difference in the loss overall.
What people say not always what they mean. These guys are media trained.

What people say not always what they mean. These guys are media trained.
Yes but Joe's and his teammates actions back this up and again why he is widely regarded so the "glue" guy for the locker room.

Also I mean we all know Joe would rather do anything and everything before shooting the ball, how many nights and how many times a game do we all yell at are TV's (even when like last night he missed all his 3pt shots) for Joe to shoot the ball. So Joe's lack of wanting to shoot with JC's and Mitchell's desire to shoot and Gobert's need to be fed the ball on the roll compliment and balance each other.

I say this mostly joking but I can't be the only one to think "I wonder if Joe likes turning the ball over more than shooting the ball"

It also could be that he was playing like *** himself and was frustrated. He was bad. I think he is semi-checked out. Getting tossed shows a lack of focus imo.

It also could be that he was playing like *** himself and was frustrated. He was bad. I think he is semi-checked out. Getting tossed shows a lack of focus imo.
I think he has been partially checked out all season. Extra techs and getting tossed, what 3 times now? I wonder how much of this is the olympics hangover.

Joe should keep sitting. Maybe even take a visit to Australia. Or something. He ain't right.

I wish I could say I was surprised, but his "off"-season at his age was just brutal. Really wish he wouldn't have played.

Joe should keep sitting. Maybe even take a visit to Australia. Or something. He ain't right.

I wish I could say I was surprised, but his "off"-season at his age was just brutal. Really wish he wouldn't have played.
This. I also hope he retires before he burns out. Don't want his great career here sullied by sub-standard play and a bad taste left in our mouths. Let him go out on top somewhat. Then retire his number.