What's new

Game Thread Jan 13, 2024 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Lakers

Added to Calendar: 01-13-24

My wifey just surprised me with some row 10 Toyota Club tickets for my big 4-0 on Saturday! All inclusive buffet and beer. She said she had something planned for me and not to make plans and this is pretty f* badass.

I'm not a huge Lebron guy but seeing one of the all time greats up close will be a once in a lifetime experience. That's if he doesn't flop out and sit. Regardless, I'm pretty stoked.

My wifey just surprised me with some row 10 Toyota Club tickets for my big 4-0 on Saturday! All inclusive buffet and beer. She said she had something planned for me and not to make plans and this is pretty f* badass.

I'm not a huge Lebron guy but seeing one of the all time greats up close will be a once in a lifetime experience. That's if he doesn't flop out and sit. Regardless, I'm pretty stoked.
Your wife sounds great! Is she single?

I'm jealous. Have a blast man!

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

So, another Finn here ending up to SLC for its wild nightlife and pristine beaches. Will be coming to Lakers game as first time entry at Delta center and would have three questions for the locals:
- Any recommended pre-match bars/restaurant?
- for buying some souvenier t-shirts, based on previous NHL/NBA games the arena shop is of course on the more expensive side for exactly same items but is there really any difference on pricing if one buys few jr sized t-shirts (I.e. dicks sporting goods etc. Likely sell jazz gear as well)
- There is not GDT for raptors game and I know it sounds like a nigerian scam but I actually have a ticket to the game that I can not sell as I have no US bank account but I think I could just transfer it to someone in seatgeek (or maybe not as it is already sold to me by someone). Was planning to see two games but...

So, another Finn here ending up to SLC for its wild nightlife and pristine beaches. Will be coming to Lakers game as first time entry at Delta center and would have three questions for the locals:
- Any recommended pre-match bars/restaurant?
- for buying some souvenier t-shirts, based on previous NHL/NBA games the arena shop is of course on the more expensive side for exactly same items but is there really any difference on pricing if one buys few jr sized t-shirts (I.e. dicks sporting goods etc. Likely sell jazz gear as well)
- There is not GDT for raptors game and I know it sounds like a nigerian scam but I actually have a ticket to the game that I can not sell as I have no US bank account but I think I could just transfer it to someone in seatgeek (or maybe not as it is already sold to me by someone). Was planning to see two games but...

What type of bar or restaurant do you want? There is lots of good places but very different. Do you want a bar that is high end? Dive bar? Sports bar? Craft Beer? What type of food are you looking for? Do you want something close to the arena or more downtown? More of a side note but there is a craft beer place owned by a Finnish guy named Kittos that has good beer but not great food unless a good food truck is there and the location isnt downtown.

If you buy from the Arena they have more choices that you can only get there. They also have a deal of the day at the game that is a good price. If you want other cheaper Jazz stuff you can go to most the malls and find a Fanzz store that will have discount stuff. You can also shop on their website or Amazon ahead of time and ship to the hotel although you might be too late for that.

You can transfer the ticket on the app no problem.

What type of bar or restaurant do you want? There is lots of good places but very different. Do you want a bar that is high end? Dive bar? Sports bar? Craft Beer? What type of food are you looking for? Do you want something close to the arena or more downtown? More of a side note but there is a craft beer place owned by a Finnish guy named Kittos that has good beer but not great food unless a good food truck is there and the location isnt downtown.

If you buy from the Arena they have more choices that you can only get there. They also have a deal of the day at the game that is a good price. If you want other cheaper Jazz stuff you can go to most the malls and find a Fanzz store that will have discount stuff. You can also shop on their website or Amazon ahead of time and ship to the hotel although you might be too late for that.

You can transfer the ticket on the app no problem.

I hope I will be spending the day in park city so priority will be food but also beer (except not the artisanal utterly bitter ipa's that most craft beer bars sell), these can however be different places (I'm staying in hotel "next block") so can easily eat anywhere within arena area. For merchandise naturally most interested on the tall white guys jersey so presumably they are abundant everywhere, just need to decide whether to shop at the arena on Sat or in some mall on Sunday morning (assuming shops open at 10 or 11am, even in slc?).

Might be interesting to visit a bar owned by another finn but as said, likely trying to stay within walking distance of the arena and thinking of time frame from 5pm-game time.

I hope I will be spending the day in park city so priority will be food but also beer (except not the artisanal utterly bitter ipa's that most craft beer bars sell), these can however be different places (I'm staying in hotel "next block") so can easily eat anywhere within arena area. For merchandise naturally most interested on the tall white guys jersey so presumably they are abundant everywhere, just need to decide whether to shop at the arena on Sat or in some mall on Sunday morning (assuming shops open at 10 or 11am, even in slc?).

Might be interesting to visit a bar owned by another finn but as said, likely trying to stay within walking distance of the arena and thinking of time frame from 5pm-game time.
The brewery owned by the Finn does not really sell IPAs. All the breweries will have a bunch of different types of beers though not just IPA. But if you don't really care about craft and just want standard lagers every bar/restaurant will have that.

The main bars and most lively places are along Main street a couple blocks from the arena. I like the more dive style bars there like Cheers 2U with $5 steins. There is also more high end ones there to if that's your style. There is a couple other older but decent craft beer places not too far called red rock and Squatters that are both decent. Squatters has pretty good food. Poplar is also right next to that and is a busy bar and has decent bar type food. If you want something real close next to the arena is the break sports grill.

For food close to the Arena there is a good higher end Mexican place called Chile Tepin, there is also a high end Italian place that NBA guys like called Valters. If you go to the gateway mall across from the arena there is a new place that has tons of beers on tap and then like 5-10 small restaurants that are decent you can order from all in the same place called Hallpass. The same mall has a decent higher end steakhouse called Flemings or a typical sports bar with bar food called bout time. There is also a Christopher's and Ruth's Chris steakhouse not too far as well. Honestly there isn't the best bars or restaurants right by the arena though. Most are 1/2 mile away or so.

High end mexican sounds good, thanks for the tip (this is the typical problem in new places, gazillion places to choose from and no idea what not to miss).
If you are willing to go further the best mexican food is in a truck/cart on the side of the road on 8th south and State st. The best cabeza taco you'll ever have!

8c4fk8.jpg

Can't wait for the count.

I hope Clarkson drops 50, and on his last shot, he slams down a game-winning dunk on LeBron, knocking into him and sending LeBron stumbling and falling into the crowd and crying in defeat. **** THE LAKERS!!!