What's new

Game Thread Jan 16, 2023 02:00PM MT: Jazz vs Timberwolves

Added to Calendar: 01-16-23

it was fair at the time based on Sexton being injured, Ochai being unproven and the Finnisher never being given a lot of usage in Cleveland, which is how Danny got the Cavs next decade of draft picks lol But now that Sexton looks better than hoped for, Agbaji just had a break out rookie game, and The Finnisher is an allstar barring injury. Yeah it wasn't fair at all. We owned this deal I don't care if Don is in the MVP discussion in the next souple seasons. Well, maybe if he wins it I change my mind smh
Sure but Cavs have a chance to get to the Finals. Pretty sure they make that trade again. Danny got some really nice players but they would probably just be standing in the corner as roleplayers off Garland, Mobley, Allen if they were still in Cleveland. I think Cav fans would've preferred to ship out LeVert/Okoro but Danny ain't dumb enough to take that heap of junk.

I also expect Ainge to make a similar type trade at some point sending out a few of our good players/picks for a star. Maybe he does it this offseason.

Lol Minnesota kept McDaniels over two unprotected firsts. Smart guys they are over there.

If you gotta be stuck with someone, I'd be glad it was Kessler

He's the kind of drop-big that guards and wings want to iso on. Thing is, he moves his feet so well and anticipates well enough that he's not the average drop big. He's tough to shoot over and not that easy to lose on a drive.

Sure but Cavs have a chance to get to the Finals. Pretty sure they make that trade again. Danny got some really nice players but they would probably just be standing in the corner as roleplayers off Garland, Mobley, Allen if they were still in Cleveland. I think Cav fans would've preferred to ship out LeVert/Okoro but Danny ain't dumb enough to take that heap of junk.

I also expect Ainge to make a similar type trade at some point sending out a few of our good players/picks for a star. Maybe he does it this offseason.
I don't think I would have them in my top 4 East candidates to win it all... not unless Mobley takes a huge leap.

During the walk-off interview, Beasley and Vanderbilt doused Kessler with their water bottles. That's not going to make this any easier to swallow for the T'wolves fans.

So that Ochai dude is pretty damn good. I heard the minnesota announcers talking about his NBA ready body. Dude is built and athletic as hell.

Holy cow. Two good rotation players in their rookie years. One borderline all star. The only problem is getting that one transcendent piece
Lauri MIGHT be that piece. What he has been doing this season is about as good as any player in the league.

yeah not really They're pretty happy with it i'll bet
Ya they are happy with Spida but I bet they would have traded us some different stuff and kept Lauri.

What's the LOL part? Sexton putting up good stats is what makes him tradeable.
The LOL part is you never having praise for Sexton. Just criticism and requests to trade him. At least you are finally catching on with Ochai and Kessler. Sexton will get you there with his play eventually. You are always just a little late with our young guys.
I know you love KO and dont think the jazz are watchable when he doesn't play and you love to praise Hardy for playing Gay and for not playing Ochai
Its just been a rough year for ya. Im sure you will bounce back.

Definitely the superior player compared to Rudy's rookie year.
lets check the numbers.
Gobert: 2.3 points per game on 49% from the field, 0.9 blocks, 3.4 rebounds
Kessler: 7.2 points per game on 72% from the field, 2.0 blocks, 6.8 rebounds.
Yep

The LOL part is you never having praise for Sexton. Just criticism and requests to trade him. At least you are finally catching on with Ochai and Kessler. Sexton will get you there with his play eventually. You are always just a little late with our young guys.
I know you love KO and dont think the jazz are watchable when he doesn't play and you love to praise Hardy for playing Gay and for not playing Ochai
Its just been a rough year for ya. Im sure you will bounce back.

god damn Sexton is a fast one
Que?