What's new

Game Thread Jan 17, 2021 6:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 01-17-21

Next 16 games or so are quite cupcakey. We better not **** this up.
Not really... clips twice, nuggs again, the good east teams, Dallas twice... not murderers row but NO and GS are not cupcakes at all.

I meant 15 games. During that span we don’t play the Clips. 11 of the 15 are at home. The four road games are the Nuggets, Hawks, Hornets and Pacers. Not exactly Murderer’s Row. So yeah, it’s fairly cupcakey. Yes, we have the four game stretch against the best in the East at the end of it but they’re all at home. Win the ****ing games.

I kinda think clarkson could lead the league in scoring if we wanted him too.

I loved when boler said something like "clarkson got the match out of his hip pocket and lit up the flamethrower"
Can't remember exactly what he said but it was pretty good

Flamethrower is the perfect name for clarkson

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Regarding scrubs... it is very deliberate to get key players in sync before adding more I synced players. That’s why starters have stayed in so long in blowouts. They use the time to practice. Especially on the road.

Oni was the one new variable to the mix and got to play partly because joe is out. It’s clear he is not fully in sync yet but I thought he did well and David Locke tweet indicates helped on D a lot.

Reactions: BCK
Denver doesn't seem the same as last year... not sure if it is missing Porter or letting Grant, Craig, and Plumlee walk. Jokic is playing like a friggin boss.. they should be winning. Murray is wildly inconsistent again but he's always been that in the regular season.

If Jokic ever has to miss a 5-10 games they gonna crater.

Denver doesn't seem the same as last year... not sure if it is missing Porter or letting Grant, Craig, and Plumlee walk. Jokic is playing like a friggin boss.. they should be winning. Murray is wildly inconsistent again but he's always been that in the regular season.

Where is porter?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah they lost a lot of their depth.

Yeah they lost a lot of their depth.
I get that but Green and Dozier are solid. Maybe Barton and Harris are not giving them what they need I guess. I honestly think they are the team that makes a big trade and it might change how they look.

Could see porter, Harris, Barton and a bunch of firsts for Beal or maybe they make a push with less assets for Oladipo. I’ve been worried they’d step in and get Ben Simmons in a three way Harden deal but that ship has sailed.

I think they may have bought in too much into their bubble result.

Looking back on the playoff series, J. Grant was a big problem for us and it seemed like Plumlee or Craig would pull a crazy play out of their *** just in time to kill Jazz momentum a few times per game.
I’m not up to speed on their cap situation, but I was pretty surprised/excited when they let Grant walk. IMO they got worse in the offseason and the Jazz got better. They shouldn’t cause us any issues should we meet in the playoffs again.

There is definitely going to be a price paid for playing Jokic and Murray for 40 minutes a game. Jokic's conditioning won't allow that forever.

There is definitely going to be a price paid for playing Jokic and Murray for 40 minutes a game. Jokic's conditioning won't allow that forever.
Jokic is in great shape... the load he carries is likely too much over a full season.

I think they need Will to be a creator scorer and he might be done with that phase of his career... had a lot of injuries over the years.

I think that Murray and Jokic handle the ball so much that it might hurt guys like Gary Harris who can’t get in a rhythm. It just seems like every time I watch them Jokic is murdering it and they are losing by 5. When DM has a monster game we usually dominating... I guess maybe it’s just depth and an abundance of creators.

Already last season they were a poor 3 point shooting team and now they are without Porter. They added JaMychal Green but Grant is so much better on both ends of the floor.

Already last season they were a poor 3 point shooting team and now they are without Porter. They added JaMychal Green but Grant is so much better on both ends of the floor.
I see Green as the Plumlee replacement... so I guess Dozier is replacing Grant and that is a big difference. Having Porter might change things but his on/off is really bad. He's only played a few games this year. If I was Denver I'd trade him for some win now player... I think the idea and hype of Michael Porter is likely better than the player Michael Porter.

He's a lot better player than Anfernee Simons but I feel like its kinda the same premise... Portland kinda made him untouchable in trades after he was hyped AF. Now he's really struggling. If Porter hasn't improved the bloom may come off that rose.