What's new

Game Thread Jan 18, 2023, 07:00PM MT: Clippers vs Jazz

Added to Calendar: 01-18-23

Not yet in the traditional sense of #1 imo. We still have not seen him take closing shots most of these games and there are few reasons. First of all JC has done quite well in lot of games. Second of all Lauri is still not in the level of where he can take down double teams with consistent basis on 4th. He is not either that kind of an anchor under the rim that can establish position without a trouble or neither has great set of on-ball moves.

I think he needs either to master his version of Dirk-fade or develop some fakes and off the dribble moves to be the true #1. As of now he can be the 1A/1B kinda dude where JC rn is the other one of that duo. For the future we need either Lauri with a bit of more on-ball skills development or someone upgraded and younger version of JC.

One of the biggest questions rn is if he would get most of the touches to close tight games and could have great shots in most of them... It is an open question. IF JC gets traded that question will be answered. As it is rn I am OK him growing into that role slower as JC has been good in the clutch.

Trade Lauri, useless.

Not yet in the traditional sense of #1 imo. We still have not seen him take closing shots most of these games and there are few reasons. First of all JC has done quite well in lot of games. Second of all Lauri is still not in the level of where he can take down double teams with consistent basis on 4th. He is not either that kind of an anchor under the rim that can establish position without a trouble or neither has great set of on-ball moves.

I think he needs either to master his version of Dirk-fade or develop some fakes and off the dribble moves to be the true #1. As of now he can be the 1A/1B kinda dude where JC rn is the other one of that duo. For the future we need either Lauri with a bit of more on-ball skills development or someone upgraded and younger version of JC.

One of the biggest questions rn is if he would get most of the touches to close tight games and could have great shots in most of them... It is an open question. IF JC gets traded that question will be answered. As it is rn I am OK him growing into that role slower as JC has been good in the clutch.
We need another weapon. A trio of lauri+JC+(? ) Could push us deeper to where we want to be. I don't think Hardy want to build a top heavy team like Lakers and sixers. Most superstars have ego and drama queens I don't think we are going to fish one. I think he prefer a bit chaos and unpredictability which is good for modern NBA.

Now on the post game interview, Holly just made JC show his nails to the camera and told him how cute they look. Just so much cringe.
Kinda like the way I felt about her story about Sexton being like the little dog that thinks he’s a big dog. It was all well and good until she finished her thought about Sexton going in the paint like he’s a full grown man!

Yeah Holly, Collin might not be as big or tall as some but yeah, pretty sure the young Bull is a fully grown man.:rolleyes:

Most complete first half of the year. Ok, maybe there was another or so but that was as good as it gets.

Ya they seemed to be noticeably trying harder on that end tomight i thought. Really good defensive effort

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I think that's been the main difference between our early season success and the losing stretch. Our defensive effort went way down once we lost a couple games. It seems to be back, I hope it stays. Getting past the trade deadline might help effort as well for who is left.

Bacnhero has also been very impressive and I dont think its possible to catch him.. barring injury. But if Kessler finishes 2nd in votes that should be as good for a 22nd pick who started with small minutes off the bench and built up his case to be a starter.

Funny idea though, to get both ROY and MIP the same year.

The Clippers were playing like they didn't really care this game. I'm not sure I blame them when half their team is sitting out. They probably never really had a chance anyway with Lauri playing like that.

I wasn't listening to the audio, so I'm not sure what they were saying about it, but those fans with the yellow safety shirts that they painted with Jazz logos were hilarious. The looked just about as good as the real thing.

Bacnhero has also been very impressive and I dont think its possible to catch him.. barring injury. But if Kessler finishes 2nd in votes that should be as good for a 22nd pick who started with small minutes off the bench and built up his case to be a starter.
To me it was unthinkable before the season that a throwback, non-shooting center would be anywhere near the ROY race.

Funny idea though, to get both ROY and MIP the same year.
How about DPOY ;)

The Clippers were playing like they didn't really care this game. I'm not sure I blame them when half their team is sitting out. They probably never really had a chance anyway with Lauri playing like that.

I wasn't listening to the audio, so I'm not sure what they were saying about it, but those fans with the yellow safety shirts that they painted with Jazz logos were hilarious. The looked just about as good as the real thing.
Clippers were actually on fire. They shot 44% from 3 as a team! That is fantastic.
Jazz were just better. Jazz shot 59.4% from 3! That is pretty much unbeatable. If we shoot 59.4% from three then it wouldn't matter if Kahwi and PG13 play. We aint losing. If Mike, Beasley and vando all shoot a good percentage from three then the opponent is ****ed.

Clippers were actually on fire. They shot 44% from 3 as a team! That is fantastic.
Jazz were just better. Jazz shot 59.4% from 3! That is pretty much unbeatable. If we shoot 59.4% from three then it wouldn't matter if Kahwi and PG13 play. We aint losing. If Mike, Beasley and vando all shoot a good percentage from three then the opponent is ****ed.

Norman Powell had one of his best games of his career and we still beat them by 23.

Agbaji has got some Jimmy Butler in him. I’m old enough to remember a very young Butler and I’m seeing some flashes. Of course, whether he even comes close to 80 percent of butler remains to be seen. But the athleticism, the body control, they defense, the good not great handles, and the ability to finish near the rim is Butler like.

Jazz were just better. Jazz shot 59.4% from 3! That is pretty much unbeatable. If we shoot 59.4% from three then it wouldn't matter if play. We aint losing. If Mike, Beasley and vando all shoot a good percentage from three then the opponent is ****ed.

If Kahwi and PG13 were there I am not sure if we get as much good looks though...

Yes, I'm sure if Kawhi/PG played everything else would have been exactly the same, no ripple effects from those two playing whatsoever.

Yeah, Clippers had no chance on a road B2B and they knew it. Only guy who was a threat all game was Norm and Zubac had his moments. Injuries are really the worse thing in the world.

If Kahwi and PG13 were there I am not sure if we get as much good looks though...
We were hitting contested shots though. We were hot last night. Its not the first night its happened. It happens sometimes. Even full strength teams have opponents get hot from 3 sometimes. No biggie.