What's new

Game Thread Jan 21, 2021 8:00PM MT (TNT): Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 01-21-21

Shaq is universally getting destroyed by everyone. Like bad. What a weird *** question and it’s a bad attempt to try to stay relevant. Reeks of insecurities.

I'm torn on this. I think refs should give these types the benefit of the doubt more often but officials have gotten even worse at making calls based on reactions instead of what they actually see. Its so effective but its not fun to watch at all. I think I'd like to see him get to the line a little more but I don't want anything approaching the James Harden or Trae Young level of BS.
I kinda don't care as long as foul-seeking and the accompanying theatrics don't supersede playing actually good basketball (i.e. throwing up terrible shots on the assumption there will be a whistle, crashing to the floor on the assumption there will be a whistle, spending game-time working the refs while the other team runs a fast break, etc.).

I would counter that the team is well built so that we don't need all of that. But we do need Mitchell's alpha scoring ability which is the rarest trait. We have multiple ball handlers so I don't think assists are all that important. We have bigs that handle the rebounding. And Rudy's defense is his biggest trait so that doesn't need to be mind warping. But yes, leadership, controlling the pace and alpha scoring is what we need to from Mitchell.
Its also funny that these same assholes will kill Rudy for scoring 11 points a game and doing 3 or 4 things that aren't scoring that will help you win. We can't take these guys seriously at all... they will change the narrative based on what they had for lunch. They aren't consistent in what they praise or criticize.

It crosses a line when you take a kid who was the star of the game... and then make it about you trying to motivate them. Its just weird. DM did really well with his response... he's getting praise from a lot of different areas for not biting on Shaq's BS. Shaq is 0-2 trying to start **** with us... he best not come at the GOAT doe cuz Joe Ingles has a sharp tongue.

I also think the if the Jazz play with consistent effort and focus, they're actually a nightmare matchup for the Clippers:
-Clippers are known to have little intangible chemistry or leadership. Kawhi is the most aloof superstar ever and PG is a paper tiger.
-Ibaka gives them an element they didn't have last year, but he's not a reliable shooter and Zubac doesn't shoot at all.
-They play two tiny guards also.
Yeah, Lakers and Nets are the real barriers to me- the Jazz /could/ lose to lots of teams if their 3 ptrs aren't falling, but if they (and their opponent) are on their game, I'd favor them against any team than those two. Now if the 76ers and Boston are also bad matchups for us, so if they managed to get to the finals, I'd be worried.

Its really the Lakers I worry about most... they are the best team in the league right now by a good margin. Clips are really good and would have a good chance to beat us but I just feel comforted knowing Playoff Pee will come through for us.

If you get to the finals I don't worry about matchup... you just feel lucky as hell and hope you can win it.

Its really the Lakers I worry about most... they are the best team in the league right now by a good margin. Clips are really good and would have a good chance to beat us but I just feel comforted knowing Playoff Pee will come through for us.

If you get to the finals I don't worry about matchup... you just feel lucky as hell and hope you can win it.

I would love to finish the 1 seed and play the winner of Lakers/Clippers in the WCF. Totally agreed with the Finals. I would absolutely love to make it to a Finals in my lifetime.

Shaq is like the dude at the bar who goes up to a girl and is like " You've got a pretty face... and I'm a nice guy... so i want to say this right to you - if you lost 15 lbs I'd be totally into you. What do you think about that?"
No he's the guy who sees someone pick up the hottest girl in the bar, gets jealous, then makes a point to find that guy and in front of her tell him he's not hot enough for her. Pathetic.

No he's the guy who sees someone pick up the hottest girl in the bar, gets jealous, then makes a point to find that guy and in front of her tell him he's not hot enough for her. Pathetic.
He'd say some lame *** **** too... like "drop the zero and get with the hero".

I tell people about that movie all the time. People think it ain’t real. We watched it a bunch in high school as a “this movie so bad it’s good” movie.

To this day one of my moron friends always does his signature one knock door knock... and gets this stupid smile that makes all of us laugh. Good times.

Its also funny that these same assholes will kill Rudy for scoring 11 points a game and doing 3 or 4 things that aren't scoring that will help you win. We can't take these guys seriously at all... they will change the narrative based on what they had for lunch. They aren't consistent in what they praise or criticize.

It crosses a line when you take a kid who was the star of the game... and then make it about you trying to motivate them. Its just weird. DM did really well with his response... he's getting praise from a lot of different areas for not biting on Shaq's BS. Shaq is 0-2 trying to start **** with us... he best not come at the GOAT doe cuz Joe Ingles has a sharp tongue.
Joe ingles would wreck shaq and make him cry.
cant wait until joe ingles is a commentator. Hopefully he takes boler's spot when he retires.

Only superstars lead teams to titles is the assumption so can Donovan be a superstar was their framing. And they mentioned losing last year after being up 3-1 on Denver. And they did mention Bogie being injured. But the Pistons did it without a superstar. We have a 2X DPOY... should have been at least a 3X DPOY. And why not talk about Clarkson's improved play? Rudy pretty much improving every year? Donovan improving? Conley? Niang? FAVORS? Our chemistry on display through these wins? It's all right there in front of their eyes. The Clippers win. The Bucks win. Denver win. Blazers. Stomping other teams. I've always liked Shaq and almost hate to go there but would Shaq treat Rudy and Don this way if the Jazz were from anywhere other than Utah? On the other hand we just might be talking about Shaq as a small contributor if we win a title this year.

Exactly... seriously would any of these people use the same narratives on Trae? Or Murray? Or Murant? Or Beal? Or Booker? Or Dame???!!! But no nobody at TNT pays a price for flagrantly insulting the Jazz and our best players.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited: