What's new

Game Thread Jan 23, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Hornets

Added to Calendar: 01-23-23

I listened to the Hornets guys tonight and they are great. I believe Del Curry is their color commentator but their main guy is great. He fills the quiet moments with great info and trivia.
Eric Collins. He’s amazing. He goes Frickin bonkers when they are exciting. We should give him like 1M a year and bring him in. Put Boler out to pasture… thank Holly for her service… thurl might be too calm for Eric but we can try it.

Two $120 million contracts ???

a0077l.jpg

Just more for Robyn to take eventually.

Nice one. Seems rookie got some dunks and Mike was great. Lauri with an efficient double-double. Quite nice he can throw 25/11 with a boring game like that. If he made that highlight dunk attempt this was better. Now I am thinking we should trade him for Aaron Gordon bc he has more dunks this season. It is only logical - right?

Charlotte is the worst offensive team I've seen this year, just truly terrible by 2023 NBA standards.

Mike looks a lot better these days. I think he has more fully recovered, but also we are in an easier stretch as far as rest and travel. I really don't get playing him on back to backs and letting him slog through the season. He will be much more productive if we treat him like a classic.

Sexton seemed off to me. Lauri, great as always. Ochai keeps stringing together some nice games in a row.

Charlotte is the worst offensive team I've seen this year, just truly terrible by 2023 NBA standards.

Mike looks a lot better these days. I think he has more fully recovered, but also we are in an easier stretch as far as rest and travel. I really don't get playing him on back to backs and letting him slog through the season. He will be much more productive if we treat him like a classic.

Sexton seemed off to me. Lauri, great as always. Ochai keeps stringing together some nice games in a row.
Im telling you Sexton feels the trade deadline coming. He's gone.

Ochai starting to be automatic from the corner.

Sexton has taken up the mantle of tank commander tonight.

Rudy Gay post ups... seriously... Hardy clearly in on the tank as currently I swear Rudy has like one post up per minute played lately.
I think Ochai role should be expanded. He needs to be allowed to do more imo. I have seen pretty good drives from him, very nice finishes (that lefty layup against hayward last night was impressive. With the injured hand too), good passing and decent ball handling. I would like him parked in the corner a bit less on offense and allowed to initiate some offense from time to time.
He seemed to be all over last night. Getting rebounds, making good passes, hitting shots and playing good defense. Good game from him even though his 3 ball went downhill as the game went on.

It's impressive how un-hype that "kicks cam" announcer girl was
Those kicks that won were pretty damn sweet though. I usually disagree with the winner but they got it right last night.