What's new

Game Thread Jan 23, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Hornets

Added to Calendar: 01-23-23

Am I the only one who has absolutely no idea who YG is?
I have heard of him many times and know he is a rapper but I cant name one of his songs. He seems pretty popular so Im curious if i know one of his songs but just dont know he is the artist.

How did Ochai not get a call on the dunk? That looked like a definite foul but I didn’t see the replay… was on the app and it didn’t cut back in on time. I hate refs… if my beloved rookie falls hard it should always be a foul!
it looked like no foul on the replays to me. Just a weird play all around.

a0077l.jpg

Just more for Robyn to take eventually.
Thats cold brah. Probably true but cold

I see guys post about lauri needing more touches quite frequently and usually dont really notice all that much but last night there was a very long stretch right after lauri scored 20 points where it almost seemed like conley and clarkson were intentionally freezing lauri out of the offense. It bothered me for the first time all season. They were both just jacking up shots left and right and never even looking his way. it was quite a long stretch. Then when he finally got the ball he immediately jacked up a contested shot like he thought it might be the last time he would touch the ball.

I see guys post about lauri needing more touches quite frequently and usually dont really notice all that much but last night there was a very long stretch right after lauri scored 20 points where it almost seemed like conley and clarkson were intentionally freezing lauri out of the offense. It bothered me for the first time all season. They were both just jacking up shots left and right and never even looking his way. it was quite a long stretch. Then when he finally got the ball he immediately jacked up a contested shot like he thought it might be the last time he would touch the ball.
It has been a problem for a while. I can think of at least 3 or 4 games where he had 20 or close to it at halftime and barely touched the ball in the 2nd half and ended with something in the mid-20's. One time I think he got to 30. But if you have a guy like him on fire, your first goal should be to get him the ball in a good spot to do something with it. Should be the #1 at all times. But Clarkson gets tunnel vision in the 2nd half pretty bad and Conley is just generally setting up the "offense" as if every player is completely interchangeable. I saw one drive from Conley a few games ago that stuck with me because he had a clear view and a clear pass to both Vando and Lauri, but Vando was deep in the corner so he passed it there. It felt like a standard coach's mantra of "always find the corner 3". But which had a better chance, a corner 3 from Vando or a lightly contested 3 from the wing by Lauri? They need to adjust their focus really. We would win a lot more games and I am convinced Lauri can average close to if not over 30 pretty easily if he is made the focal point of the offense.

I saw one drive from Conley a few games ago that stuck with me because he had a clear view and a clear pass to both Vando and Lauri, but Vando was deep in the corner so he passed it there.
It's particularly bad when you consider that the other team is leaving Vando open on purpose. They want the ball to find him and they want him to take that shot. Conley should know better than to play right into the hands of the opposition.

Then again, Hardy is creating this problem by playing Vando in the first place.

This is exactly why DA & co will find out that Vando isn't bringing back a FRP, if they haven't already. If he doesn't develop more ball skills and find a jumper, he'll be out of the league in 3 to 4 years.

It looked that way a bit but actually Hornets defense was soft. Clarksons drive were mostly uncontested especially in the 3rd. It looks easy

It looked that way a bit but actually Hornets defense was soft. Clarksons drive were mostly uncontested especially in the 3rd. It looks easy
Huh? I was talking about Lauri not getting passed to by conley and clarkson for a long stretch while they ball hogged. I have no idea how your post relates to that topic. Or were you saying the reason that they werent passing to Lauri is because they had easy drives to the basket so not passing to lauri was the right decision? If that was the point then I guess that makes sense.
Thing is from what I remember we were struggling during that stretch which is why I was mad that they were getting him the ball. I dont care if they dont pass to lauri and we are playing great offense.