What's new

Jan Jorgenson - the basketball IQ of an empty Bud Light can

Hartsock

Banned
Just heard him saying we need to trade Millsap so we can see what we really have with Jeremy Evans. If we don't give him a shot someone else is going to come in and steal him away from us. Ha Ha HA, I am all for trading Sap, but not so we can give Jeremy Evans some more run. I love him, in a platonic way, but he needs 6-8 minutes a game at the most.

Just heard him saying we need to trade Millsap so we can see what we really have with Jeremy Evans. If we don't give him a shot someone else is going to come in and steal him away from us. Ha Ha HA, I am all for trading Sap, but not so we can give Jeremy Evans some more run. I love him, in a platonic way, but he needs 6-8 minutes a game at the most.
That's the guy on 1280 the zone right?

These are the same guys that bring up movie quotes during their shows that have been playing for years and for some reason, they think they are the first ones to come up with them.

Jan is terrible on the radio. Kyle is not much better. Too bad they are the only local show on the radio at that time. Sometimes I want to hear local stories while driving between jobs and they are the only option.

Jake and Kyle were much much better. As soon as Jan came on, I stopped listening and wrote 1280 voicing my disapproval. Jan seems like a nice guy, but he isn't made for radio.

No he didn't.

I've been sick today and listened to Kyle and Jan almost all afternoon. At no point did Jan say we needed to TRADE Millsap to give Evans more time.

All he did was say that the Jazz should consider moving Millsap for another piece. Most of the discussion went to the Jazz trading for Rondo. He also said that he wouldn't mind seeing Evans get more PT but Kyle and Jan admitted that he needed to put on another 30 lbs to be legitimately considered at PF.

Stop trying to make a story out of this. I'm sorry if you don't want to trade Millsap. But at this point, the Jazz should be listening to every offer and should be open to trading anyone.
I'm sorry that you hate the radio so much. There's a lil something called an on/off switch. Use it next time.

...maybe it's Jeremy Evans that is the one who really has the basketball IQ of an empty Bud Light can! You would think with all that athletic ability he should be able to do SOMETHING right on a basketball court to get some playing time!

He should stick with skiing or hockey. :)

I'm not a huge Jan fan. However, anyone that complains about 1280 is either a 1320 employee or just an idiot (or both)....

You really want to tell me that Patrick Kenninham is better? The dude can't go more than 3 seconds without interrupting someone and telling some long ridiculous personal story.

then... You have Jim Rome... He's ok...

Afternoon? Alema and Ben Bagley? Quite possibly the worst radio duo in the history of radio. I'd rather listen to Ron Boone and Tom Nissalke describe paint drying. Alema is an idiot and Ben is a douche.

David Locke? His voice and his too obvious Jazz apologism is too much. I remember a few years ago he created stats that proved that AK was just as good as Lebron James. And he used them against Jazz fans who were clamoring to trade AK. After Sloan left? He declared that Sloan just decided that he was "ready to try something else." He denied any Deron involvement at all.

So not only does he not have a listenable voice but he's a complete dumbass with no credibility.

Other notables from 1320? Tony Parks, arrogant, but does a killer hot rod impression... And scott Jarrad, somewhat respectable. He and Parks were arguing this week about whether the Jazz should start playing the younger players more. Tony Parks claimed that Kanter, Favors, Burks, etc weren't ready to play more. And that the Jazz could still make the playoffs since no one saw Houston, SA, Twolves, or the Clippers doing as well as they are. Jazz "could" still turn things around... He then cut off and made fun of a fun callers who wanted to see more Burks and who brought up our schedule... Finally Jarrad stepped in and fought for the Jazz fans who had been cut off.

They took a break and started talking about the Holy War....

Thanks guys...

1280 might not be great, but at least I find them listenable. 1320 is down right offensive. They're constantly insulting fans, deflecting any criticism of the Jazz organization, and have some of the most annoying radio personalities I've ever heard.

I'm at work by 6am so I don't get to listen to the morning shows that often. That being said, PK is easily the biggest a-hole in Utah sports radio. It's actually a shame that they pair him with David James because I find him to pretty much be the most listenable guy locally. But other than PK, I'll take 1320 over 1280 any day. 1320 just made some lineup changes. I believe Alema is no longer on the air and Locke and Boler no longer have anything to do with the afternoon show as they have brought in Spence Checketts to pair Jarrard on the way home. I think they've improved with the changes and although Jan and Kyle are local, I'd still much rather listen to Jim Rome if given the choice.

Kyle is at least a lunatic and somewhat amusing. This guy Jan is not only awful, but what the hell is up with his voice? Is that what a Utah accent sounds like?

Pk is far and away the most annoying radio guy in Utah. Hanz Olsen is terrible as well.

Alema is right behind them.

Locke is a dumb ***.

I like DJ, and Ben Bagley. I like Gordon Monson sometimes. Scott Garrard and Spence Checketts are both pretty good. OC is not bad.

Jan and Kyle are unlistenable most of the time and very boring.

So in the morning you have to chose between Hanz or PK. Which is tough because they both suck but are paired with good counter parts.
mid morning you either suffer through the 2 morons or listen to rome. (Rome for me unless a big local story is going on)
After noons and drive home I flip back and forth as they are all either terrible or Okay depending on the day. But you have 3 stations and 700 has probably the best show but I can't remember the names of the DJ's.

Does that sum it up?

There are a few folks on 1320 who are hard to listen to. On the other hand, there is one person on 1280 who sometimes gives insights that make them worth listening to. I don't understand how 1280 stays on the air. And Thrill, I don't work for 1320 so I guess I am an idiot.

I love PK. The dude is hilarious and stirs the pot. DJ is a very special person to be able to deal with him and they both make for a fun entertaining show.

Jan seems to have a very hard time actually forming words to speak intelligibly. I'm honestly not sure how he got that job. Kyle is actually very quick but immature and makes Jan sound even dumber than he really is. I didn't realize so many people like DJ. I personally find him to be a massive yes-man dork. And don't get me started on Scotty G. The guy couldn't possibly care less about the Jazz and the NBA. He lives and dies for the NFL which I couldn't care any less about since we don't have a local team. Anyway... carry on