What's new

Javale McGee and Andray Blatche on the trading block

What i get is that in order to get McGee you have to take blatch awful contract off their hands. If I was Washington I would want millsap in a trade. If Utah called I would offer McGee blatch and Howard for fes, millsap, Hayward and tomic.

Not sure I would accept that although howard would help on the wings coming off the bench. McGee is a defensive player. Blatch would come off the bench. Not a good trade.

McGee is a really good player. An very long athletic shotblocking center with a decent offensive game. If the Jazz could get him without giving up too much I'd do it.

I agree with you. Mcgee is already a good defender, in a couple years I think he'll be a prime Camby. The ideal center we have been talking about for the last 10 years. It would suck to lose Millsap which they would ask for, and that would not sit well with Deron either, tough call.

In another life, yeah.

This life. Mcgee's shot blocking and rebounding are already well ahead of Camby's at the same age. A young Camby had a slightly more refined offensive game, but we don't need that from our center.

I agree with you. Mcgee is already a good defender, in a couple years I think he'll be a prime Camby. The ideal center we have been talking about for the last 10 years. It would suck to lose Millsap which they would ask for, and that would not sit well with Deron either, tough call.

I don't know if Deron would be too upset, especially if he recognizes they are trying to put a team around him that can really compete and part of that is plugging the holes we have. Center is definitely one hole, wing is the other. If we could keep Millsap in the process, all the better. But I think upgrading the center position, even at the expense of Millsap, makes us a better team.

Although I am not sure that McGee is the answer. Put Brook Lopez in there and it is a no-brainer.

LOL.

Some of you guys are being funny.

So what if he's not a "basketball player?"

He's 7 feet tall and can jump out of the gym! Amare, Dwight, Shaq, and Griffin are far more "athletes" than basketball players.

Keep your Haywards and Jarron Collins. I'll gladly take a 7 foot athlete for our Jazz team any day.

Also, you guys make it sound like getting a young Camby is a bad thing. Seriously?

All McGee has to do is:

#1 Dunk when he gets the ball close to the rim
#2 Block Shots
#3 Rebound

If he joined the Jazz RIGHT NOW, he'd be the best player on our team at every single one of those categories. Maybe Hayward knows more about advanced calculus. I don't care. But while Hayward is sitting on the bench or playing for the Flash, McGee could start at center for us and wreck havoc on the WC by doing those 3 things that I mentioned above.

We're not asking him to be our #1 low post scorer. Not asking him to play the point while deron moves over to the SG spot. Just go out there, dunk, block, and rebound. All 3 things we desperately could use, especially rebounding. We've talked about how much Fess can change the game when he plays with just a minimum effort. Well, McGee is a lot more athletic, a lot more talented, and a lot more passionate.

Everything McGee brings are things the Jazz don't have and everything he doesn't we do and his weaknesses can be mitigated. I know there are better players than McGee, but how many are available, and how many fit our team needs like he would?

Landing McGee would be a coup if it doesn't involve losing Deron, Millsap, Jefferson, or taking back Rashard Lewis' contract. I don't know how the Jazz pull that off, but I can hope.

McGee is attractive. So, as some point out, he's trade BAIT for something the Wizards are looking for. And as O Gat pointed out, Wizards are not going to trade the potential of Hayward for the potential of McGee. It is Milsap or taking a bad contract, something like i reckon. Why else would Wizards put him out as bait?

i'd love mcgee on the jazz, but apparently the wizards aren't shopping him:

"
Wizards shopping Andray Blatche, but not JaVale McGee
By Michael Lee

The Wizards have already made one huge trade this season, sending former face of the franchise Gilbert Arenas to Orlando in exchange for Rashard Lewis. But they might not be done dealing.

According to two Western Conference executives, the Wizards are gauging interest in Andray Blatche to determine if trading the skilled 6-foot-11 forward is best for the organization moving forward. Blatche leads the Wizards in scoring (16.8 points) and is second in rebounding (7.9). The trade deadline is Feb. 24.

Blatche was involved in an altercation last week with teammate JaVale McGee outside of an area club. Blatche and McGee both received one-game suspensions and later apologized for the incident.

The executives said McGee is "not yet" on the market, despite reports to the contrary. McGee, a third-year center who participated in Team USA tryouts last summer, is averaging career highs of 9 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.5 blocks. But he is still playing on his rookie contract, which pays him $1.6 million this season and would limit what he could bring back in return.

"JaVale seems very not available," one of the executives said.

Blatche signed a three-year extension before training camp that will pay him $28 million between now and the 2014-15 season. He broke his foot last summer and arrived in camp carrying some extra weight because of his limited mobility while rehabbing.

After returning from his suspension on Monday to score 17 points with 14 rebounds against Houston, Blatche said, "I feel I let my team down by getting suspended. It killed me. That's why I'm going to do my best not to let that happen again."

Blatche has been suspended twice this calendar year. He was suspended for one game last season after getting belligerent with the coaches and trainers during and after a game. He also got into a dispute with Coach Flip Saunders last March, when he failed to re-enter a game.

The 6-10 Lewis played power forward in Orlando and is currently starting at small forward for the Wizards (7-22), who have lost three games in a row. "

https://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/12/wizards-shopping-andray-blatch.html

When you are 7-22, if enough gets dangled you will bite.

Imagine if we had a Jazz team of JaVale McGee, the under-used Fesenko and last year's jazzfanz fav Tyrus Thomas up front with Stephen Jackson and Wes Matthews in the backcourt...throw in Sean Williams as a 6th man and you're looking at a dynasty. And if we could somehow get Richard Hamilton as well then that would just be unfair. Make it happen KOC!

Imagine if we had a Jazz team of JaVale McGee, the under-used Fesenko and last year's jazzfanz fav Tyrus Thomas up front with Stephen Jackson and Wes Matthews in the backcourt...throw in Sean Williams as a 6th man and you're looking at a dynasty. And if we could somehow get Richard Hamilton as well then that would just be unfair. Make it happen KOC!

So you don't think the addition of SJax could fill a void we currently have and quite possibly make a vast difference for us?

By the way, Jackson had 38 points with three three pointers and 15 trips to the line, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals tonight...not that we could use any of that....