What's new

Jaylen Brown

dL5ZtOG.jpg

Now all that needs to happen is Robyn leaving him for Ben Simmons.

JK, of course, but how the mighty have fallen. He had the ideal situation in Utah. But he's got his money. Now it just doesn't matter. Hopefully he becomes the $30M albatross for Boston.

Now all that needs to happen is Robyn leaving him for Ben Simmons.

JK, of course, but how the mighty have fallen. He had the ideal situation in Utah. But he's got his money. Now it just doesn't matter. Hopefully he becomes the $30M albatross for Boston.
He can become a sportswriter. I know he probably had help writing it, but his article about his decision to choose Boston was pretty good, if phony.

It would appear as if Hayward plays to the role he's put in. Here he was a pivotal part of the offense and was required to contribute for us to be successful. In Boston he is third fiddle on a good night and disappears into his shell. If he had a more defined role and was expected to score, he may just do it. He has the skills, just not the instinct.

It would appear as if Hayward plays to the role he's put in. Here he was a pivotal part of the offense and was required to contribute for us to be successful. In Boston he is third fiddle on a good night and disappears into his shell. If he had a more defined role and was expected to score, he may just do it. He has the skills, just not the instinct.
Is that what Brad promised him, though? That "unfinished business" isn't looking so good.

Didn't read the whole thread... but did you see Kyrie go at him after the end of the Orlando game? He must be having so much fun.

Kyrie was right to do what he did, too.

Just looked at Hayward’s line from the Brooklyn game.... Jebus I know the guy got hurt but I thought he’d still know how to play basketball.

The Marcus Morris jokes ain’t even funny anymore cuz people be like “yeah of course Morris is better than Gordon... duh”

He. Could. Have. Had. A. Statue.

Just looked at Hayward’s line from the Brooklyn game.... Jebus I know the guy got hurt but I thought he’d still know how to play basketball.

The Marcus Morris jokes ain’t even funny anymore cuz people be like “yeah of course Morris is better than Gordon... duh”

He. Could. Have. Had. A. Statue.

I'm glad he left. Overrated as hell. Gobert was the star and we wanted to force feed Hayward. If Hayward got a statue here, it would have been him holding a West 5th Place Trophy.

I was happier last season before we even made the playoffs than I was at any time during the Hayward era.

I'm glad he left. Overrated as hell. Gobert was the star and we wanted to force feed Hayward. If Hayward got a statue here, it would have been him holding a West 5th Place Trophy.

I was happier last season before we even made the playoffs than I was at any time during the Hayward era.
I agree with all of this. Last year alone was more exciting than any Gordon year. The year before was great beating and destroying the clipper organization but last year was just so much more fun.

So a team with Gobert Mitchell and Hayward would never do better than the 5 seed? The seed we got without Mitchell, and then without Hayward?

He was a very good, efficient player for us. 2016 Hayward would be perfect for this team.

So a team with Gobert Mitchell and Hayward would never do better than the 5 seed? The seed we got without Mitchell, and then without Hayward?

He was a very good, efficient player for us. 2016 Hayward would be perfect for this team.
Mitchell would never have been what he is now if we still had Hayward. We probably would have shelved Mitchell behind Hayward and Hood never giving him the opportunity to emerge so we could have tried to recreate the same playoff experience.

Everything happens for a reason.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Mitchell would never have been what he is now if we still had Hayward. We probably would have shelved Mitchell behind Hayward and Hood never giving him the opportunity to emerge so we could have tried to recreate the same playoff experience.

Everything happens for a reason.

Wait so Mitchell isn’t special at all? All of his success is simply do to a shot vacuum created when Hayward left? And any replacement level player could put up his numbers with his usage rate?

Man, I disagree. I think Mitchell is a special talent, and those don’t EVER go to waste. But I guess if that’s your argument it’s impossible to disprove it.

Of course Mitchell is special. I love the guy. I just believe that athletic success is a combination of ability and opportunity.

I don't think Mitchell would have gotten the same level of opportunity if Hayward was here. Last year, we had to have Mitchell. If we had Hayward (freak injury aside), Mitchell wouldn't have been able to grow.

There are plenty of examples of us suffocating growth and ability in our recent history. Millsap, Korver, Carroll, etc. Mitchell would have eventually emerged as a good player but not this emerging superstar we love today.

Hayward was so ready to be a #2. I think as soon as he saw who Mitchell was he would happily become a quiet number 2 option who loves video games, basketball, banging his hot wife, and being disappointed at gender reveals.

Then you just imagine Hayward getting all of the Royce, Allen, etc. minutes. I think we are fighting in that top 3 of the West and feel like we have a team that can win a chip without making a big move.

Obviously I’m happy it all worked out. But there’s no way I can convince myself that Jazz Hayward wouldn’t be contributing on this team in a huge way. Mitchell was already drafted (and making a huge splash in SL) when he left.

It worked out okay for Jazz fans, Hayward is the one who must really regret the decision. I wish all parties could be happy.