What's new

Jazz against Memphis 29 minutes away

Notice how Favors passed the ball back to Burke with 2 seconds left. This happens a lot. Not the sole reason for Burke's low FG%, but a big part of it.

Note how many shots Burke took since your comment, not a single one was after a pass at the end of the shot clock. I know he's been making them, but he typically doesn't. Let's keep watching.

can burke become our back up pg when we become playoff team? idk

Sent from the JazzFanz app

If someone could look up how many games we have lost due to free throw shooting this year and let me know, i'd really appreciate it.

Grizzlies OffRtg on the season: 105.1
Tonight so far: 123.6

You'll excuse me for not sweeping this embarrassing defense under the rug with a "Well the Grizzlies are just good". It's really not even like the Grizzlies are just making tough shots. They're constantly burning the Jazz off the ball because the Jazz are not paying attention to their man. The rotations have also been surprisingly lazy compared to what we saw last month.

Nothing is being swept under the rug. Most have acknowledged that the Grizz are playing better on both sides of the ball. Everything you described is what happens when one team plays a better one. If you don't think that the Jazz are playing well then I don't know what to tell you. Yes, there are things they could be doing better, just like there's things that Memphis could be doing better. The Jazz have an inexperienced team and are making many mental mistakes against a very cerebral team for which they had one day to prepare. Sounds like something that one expects to happen.

Remember when Koufas use to just stand there like a deer in the headlights when he caught a basketball?

Everything you described is what happens when one team plays a better one.

Memphis does not routinely score 18 more points per 100 possessions above their average when they play inferior teams. The Jazz are doing fine on offense, but they are playing a very poor game defensively, even taking into consideration how good Memphis is.

Memphis does not routinely score 18 more points per 100 possessions above their average when they play inferior teams. The Jazz are doing fine on offense, but they are playing a very poor game defensively, even taking into consideration how good Memphis is.

They also don't routinely decide to cherry pick the stat mid way through the third and call it good either, do they?