What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

From Fred Katz article today:

There is one possible snafu regarding the first-round picks.

There is an excellent chance the NBA will open up a tampering investigation into the Knicks’ recruitment of Brunson, whether or not one of the other 29 teams files official tampering charges. Reports of an agreement between the Knicks and Brunson, who officially signed his four-year contract with New York this month, came out before the two sides could legally negotiate. The Knicks signaled they were confident they could sign him when they began dumping salary days before Brunson’s contract with the Mavericks would expire. There are all of the personal relationships too.

Danny steps in... why don't you give em to us before the league takes em... thanks. Maybe this means they give us more of their own picks and retain the other picks they own to do deals. I doubt they get a first round penalty but one small detail I haven't seen anywhere else.
I've been wondering if part of Danny's leverage is - either give us the picks or I'm filing tampering charges too and you gonna give them to the league and will be left without picks and without Mitchell.. :D

I've been wondering if part of Danny's leverage is - either give us the picks or I'm filing tampering charges too and you gonna give them to the league and will be left without picks and without Mitchell.. :D
The holdup on the trade is the Knicks want us to waive our right to a tampering investigation.

I wouldn't underestimate that possibility. I think dude's right though. I doubt the league would rip the picks if they were used before the hammer came down. New York keeps their other ones and Don,, we get what we want, and all sides walk away with what they want.

I believe it was “flawless shooting mechanics” but “unreal shooting mechanics” became the “Luke, I am your father” of JazzFanz.

Depends on which picks and what protections.
That's true, to an extent. But I'd still say that it's likely to be fairly good in most imaginable scenarios (I tend to think the NY unprotected picks are a bit overrated. I think by far the likeliest scenario is that NY is likely to be decently good with Donovan at least through 2027. It's just the unlikely injuries scenario that the unprotected picks are good for.)

That's true, to an extent. But I'd still say that it's likely to be fairly good in most imaginable scenarios (I tend to think the NY unprotected picks are a bit overrated. I think by far the likeliest scenario is that NY is likely to be decently good with Donovan at least through 2027. It's just the unlikely injuries scenario that the unprotected picks are good for.)
The Knicks are going to be a trainwreck.

200!!! We deserve a trade after being this productive on the trade! We have done more work on this trade than Ainge and Rose.

200!!! We deserve a trade after being this productive on the trade! We have done more work on this trade than Ainge and Rose.

We have literally dissected every single possibility. I guarantee one of us posted the exact deal that is going to happen.