What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Subway is pretty much at the bottom of sandwich places around here for me as Firehouse, Jersey Mike's, etc. are all better, but when I'm on the road driving to Podunk, Nowhere and options are scant, I'd rather stop by there vs. McDonald's, Wendy's or the other small town options where you're guaranteed to get 20 minute old fries.
Subway hasnt been good since about 2007

Do we think maybe the trade is agreed upon, but includes some of the Minnesota players, so they are holding off on announcing it and are continuing to haggle minor details?
That is one theory. If that were the case I do think some national media folks would come out in the next while and say it.

I think we may have an acceptable offer on the table from the Knicks and may let it play out... maybe close to the September date to see if anything else churns up.

We might also have the majority of it done but have agreed to see what the fallout is from the KD trade first... like if there is a piece we are cramming in there maybe.

Subway is pretty much at the bottom of sandwich places around here for me as Firehouse, Jersey Mike's, etc. are all better, but when I'm on the road driving to Podunk, Nowhere and options are scant, I'd rather stop by there vs. McDonald's, Wendy's or the other small town options where you're guaranteed to get 20 minute old fries.
Agreed, of the sandwich places it's last, but still better than bad fast food. I liked Jersey Mikes before they started going smaller for the same price. I like Potbelly, Firehouse is not bad too. There's a lot of sandwich places these days that are decent to good. Capriotti's has a good Thanksgiving sandwich but that's about it. I don't think I've found one yet that has knocked my socks off but I've hit a few that make me nod my head and smile.

Do we think maybe the trade is agreed upon, but includes some of the Minnesota players, so they are holding off on announcing it and are continuing to haggle minor details?

I'm just guessing that either or both teams are looking to extend the trade and move other veterans. The core of the deal, including picks and young players, might be agreed upon, but it would make a difference if either team is willing to take a player like Westbrook to dump longer term salary. In that case, the Lakers might take Fournier, Conley and/or Rudy Gay, and another Lakers' pick gets moved.

In other words, there may be an opportunity to tie the Mitchell trade to something else that's being held up. That said, if a team like the Lakers were involved, you'd think something would leak.

I'm just guessing that either or both teams are looking to extend the trade and move other veterans. The core of the deal, including picks and young players, might be agreed upon, but it would make a difference if either team is willing to take a player like Westbrook to dump longer term salary. In that case, the Lakers might take Fournier, Conley and/or Rudy Gay, and another Lakers' pick gets moved.

In other words, there may be an opportunity to tie the Mitchell trade to something else that's being held up. That said, if a team like the Lakers were involved, you'd think something would leak.
And it could be trying to loop in that third team. Say we took Westbrook and Conley, Gay, Fournier went to the Lakers... we do it just to not have those guys on the roster maybe... Lakers might be looking for a better offer or see if Brooklyn is ready to move Kyrie.

It just didn't work. Lots of things concurred to it.
Could the course have been corrected? I think yes. It just didn't.
The human proccess, the sum of behaviours just didn't end well enough.
The basketball execution failed for a lot of things. QS is responsible, so are Don and Rudy and Dennis, and Don's health, and Mike's health, and new ownership inexperience and Wade (seriously dude everywhere every time around like a friggin shadow over guys shoulders... come on dude be pro....) and.... and.... and....
I don't think to play the handling out blames game is good or entertainig.
I believe not one of our guys is a bad guy (may be Gay it seems... and I suspect Wade big time...) so I want Ainge to get the better for them if that's the new course AND to try to put them in good situations.
I enjoyed this roster for a lot of time.

Gambo in Phoenix is apparently saying on their radio there is a 4 team deal brewing with KD to Phoenix and the Jazz are involved. So maybe we have essentially agreed with NY on their part but still making all the other logistical stuff work.

Gambo in Phoenix is apparently saying on their radio there is a 4 team deal brewing with KD to Phoenix and the Jazz are involved. So maybe we have essentially agreed with NY on their part but still making all the other logistical stuff work.
Phoenix would have to ship out Bridges and a boatload of picks. Not out of the question, but they'd definitely be going all in for the next 3-5 years.

Phoenix would have to ship out Bridges and a boatload of picks. Not out of the question, but they'd definitely be going all in for the next 3-5 years.
I mean they have CP3 so their window is now.

I mean they have CP3 so their window is now.
Yeah, not arguing the logic, but will definitely gut other decent pieces like Johnson and Payne as well. I don't PHX really has a choice as Ayton/Booker as your two leads isn't enough if you don't cash in on what's left of CP3 and KD's career.

If I'm PHX, swing for the fences knowing you could win a ring or two and you'd take that over just being a good to decent team as the decade dwindles.

Is K-Mart even around anymore? Also what’s wrong with Harbor Freight? They have good coupons all the time.
Harbor Freight has coupons because their tools fall apart after their first use. K-Mart turned into a dollar store because it only had junk products after Walmart ran them into the ground.
McDonalds sells beef that's probably 51% beef, chicken that's less, and fries that are more oil than potato. Harbor Freight tools are junk, and K-Mart is dead.
Sorry but eventually all chain stores die because something better comes along.

Are we taking back bad salary (Shamet + Payne) from Phoenix in exchange for Bogey going to Brooklyn? Maybe we get a 1st out of it or a better 1st? Re-route one of the protected Knicks picks we’re getting for an unprotected Suns pick? I don’t know just spitballing.

Suns best offer is:

- Mikal Bridges
- Cam Johnson
- Salary filler
- 23/25/27/29 unprotected 1sts
- 24/26/28 draft pick swaps

I don’t know how we get involved here unless we take the salary filler while sending out someone like Bogey or Clarkson while getting draft compensation in return.