What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Paying big money to a guy who has a true shooting % worse than Westbrick last season would be disastrous. Doesn't help that he had horrendous advance stats across the board last season. Ortg 103/drtg 113 to go along with a split of -0.3 OBPM/-1.3 DBPM. Basically a minus 10 to your team whenever he steps on the floor. Don't mind bringing Barrett in as our next tank commander. But we shouldn't give up any meaningful assets for a tank commander.

And there’s a big part of the appeal in not taking him back.
There is some appeal there. I do think you have to do things largely just focused on your situation and not try to control too much. They could do like the Heat did with Jimmy and flip RJ for Brown if Boston is going to lose him for nothing.

I don't know if the Ainge or Rose draw a line in the sand but I'm wondering if they are going to refuse to do the 4 largely unprotected picks and we are going to refuse to settle for 3 and change. So the convo shifts to RJ... which I see some value there.

He got 5/179 granted only 150.5 of that is guaranteed. That seems reasonably for RJ.
It was more they extended him a year early and he had back surgery... price would have been much lower. So unless they are a surefire max guy... get a discount or wait.

Paying big money to a guy who has a true shooting % worse than Westbrick last season would be disastrous. Doesn't help that he had horrendous advance stats across the board last season. Ortg 103/drtg 113 to go along with a split of -0.3 OBPM/-1.3 DBPM. Basically a minus 10 to your team whenever he steps on the floor. Don't mind bringing Barrett in as our next tank commander. But we shouldn't give up any meaningful assets for a tank commander.
Well said. There is lots to be cautious of with RJ based upon various data points.

I stopped reading the rumors long ago. I think the Jazz and Knicks have been close for awhile, and now both teams are just releasing as much BS as possible to gain an inch. I think it happens right before camp starts.

Lakers need more role players than anything else. Utah makes more sense.

The Jazz also have role players on expiring deals. The Lakers will have max cap space next year. As much as they want Westbrook gone, they probably want to preserve that cap space so they can sign someone (probably Kyrie) next summer. Hield-Turner pretty much locks in their roster. Those are good players, but I don’t think that’s what they want long term.

The Jazz could give Bogey-Beverley-Beasley for WB and THT. Saves the Lakers a ton of tax money this year, makes them a lot better, and preserves their space for next summer.

The Jazz also have role players on expiring deals. The Lakers will have max cap space next year. As much as they want Westbrook gone, they probably want to preserve that cap space so they can sign someone (probably Kyrie) next summer. Hield-Turner pretty much locks in their roster. Those are good players, but I don’t think that’s what they want long term.

The Jazz could give Bogey-Beverley-Beasley for WB and THT. Saves the Lakers a ton of tax money this year, makes them a lot better, and preserves their space for next summer.
This what I been sayin... we also have Vando who is cheap AF if that is what seals the deal.

Pretty crazy if we flip the Minny parts for an unprotected pick (Count the other one as coming from Bogey) from the Lakers after getting 4 and a swap from Minny. Good hell... if Kessler is good people gonna cry so much.

This was one of the dumber things I have heard in a while from Spence. The market wasn't 5 firsts with 4 protected for KD... you know how I know? Cuz that was offered and KD still a Net. The Brown offer was better than this.

Not sure what Spence is going for here but its a miss.