Jazz and Mitchell to finalize max contract extension when free agency opens

White Chocolate

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Mitchell and the Jazz will finalize a max extension when free agency opens in mid-October, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

This is literally the best news of 2020!!! I’m so happy we will have him for years to come!!! He has blossomed into a superstar. We love you Spida!!!

The Jazz Wonderbra

I love it. Sucks that Johnny Bryant was poached. Donovan's killer mentality dropped when the news broke. Pisspoor timing by the Knicks. I wish Johnny would have held up a week or two to break the news.

Roy_McAvoy

This is literally the best news of 2020!!! I’m so happy we will have him for years to come!!! He has blossomed into a superstar. We love you Spida!!!
This is really not even newsworthy. Mitchell was ALWAYS going to sign this max extension. He would be insane to lose out on $30mm this season and take on the injury risk. The risk of losing Mitchell was never him not signing this extension.

The risk is if he demands a trade in 1 year or not.

jom2003

This is really not even newsworthy. Mitchell was ALWAYS going to sign this max extension. He would be insane to lose out on $30mm this season and take on the injury risk. The risk of losing Mitchell was never him not signing this extension.

The risk is if he demands a trade in 1 year or not.
yep, especially if we struggle to make the playoff when Steph and Klay comes back next year. we'd be the front runner to make way

stitches

Good. He seems like a great person who deserves all the success he's achieved and he's well on his way to becoming one of the great players in the league.

oneye

2018 Award Winner
How did this happen in less than 24 hours after the season ended?? I mean, @oneye had been hearing so many whispers!!1! And had heard so much deafening silences.
What I found strange in the ESPN+ article was this part. The whispers were coming from his teammates.
7657CE0C-34A1-4FB4-B035-EB8DAB4E00FF.jpeg

LoPo

This is fantastic news. It's what I expected, but still it's fantastic news.

The FO is going all in on Don. I hope that means the roster too.