What's new

Jazz are emerging as serious threats to sign Bojan Bogdanovic

Dear god, I come before thee with a humble heart. I thank thee for this great jazz team thou has given us. Thou has brought forth great miracles, in bringing forth Gobert then Mitchell. Thou has opened up the heavens and delivered Conley who will add 3 point shooting and lighten the load on Mitchell. At this time I come before thee on bended knees that thou will deliver Bogdanovic that thou might deliver up a championship unto us. At this time I’ve been pretty damn good, I’ve been respectful and haven’t called anyone an idiot in months. As an offering we give thee the mighty Derrick Favors, a loyal serving member of the jazz, will be a loyal servant for thee. AMEN.
Amen brother. This is beautiful, a touch sacrilegious possibly, but I agree with it and say Amen.

As much as I want Bojan, I want Beverley to not go to the Lakers even more. If they’re smart, they don’t sign another max player but rather get legit cheapish vets like him, Jordan and maybe Redick.

Based on an Indy article I read, I don’t think so. It sounds like they can just sign Rubio.
Ya they're reportedly ready to move on from Thad Young so they could easily sign Rubio and keep Bojan's cap hold if they renounce everyone else. But them reportedly wanting to move on from Thad Young is what makes me think they're going to have a run at Tobias, and if that happens then they have to renounce his cap hold.

I think Bojan's cap hold situation is a moot point with Indy anyway though as I just don't think they're willing to sign him to a long term deal, definitely not 4 or 5 years at least. Most other franchises probably would and then trade him later if they don't like how it's going but that's not really the Pacers MO.

I have a weird feeling Rubio might go and play overseas ...
Interesting. I have a feeling Indy will sign Brogdon to a massive overpay if Bojan were to come to us. If they sign Brogdon to max or near max, the Bucks likely don't match.

If Indy gets Brogdon, Rubio goes to Europe. I don't see any other starting spot for him where he gets more than the MLE.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Interesting. I have a feeling Indy will sign Brogdon to a massive overpay if Bojan were to come to us. If they sign Brogdon to max or near max, the Bucks likely don't match.

If Indy gets Brogdon, Rubio goes to Europe. I don't see any other starting spot for him where he gets more than the MLE.

That's my theory also, just don't think much team's want him at the price he desires, only way he plays in the NBA is at a reduced pay cut

I've heard the Bulls might throw the kitchen sink at Brogdan too.

The whole ded thing is played out kinda like Bustum's time in Utah. Hope we get rid of him this off-season. DL make it happen and fix your stupid mistake

I thought about adding to bring Exum back from the ded but thought that might be asking too much
iOsDTGz.jpg

Dallas journalist speculating on Dallas adding Beverley and Bojan: https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks...ew-pairing-Beverley-and-Bogdanovic-133283524/

"If what Beverley reportedly wants is true, the Mavs would be looking at paying him roughly $13 million per year, leaving roughly $17 million leftover to throw at Bogdanovic (with their current cap space, that is — there are ways for the Mavs to increase that number, as we’ve discussed extensively at DallasBasketball.com). If you want to read the tea leaves though, I don't think it's out of the question that Bogdanovic could get more than $17-18 million per season."

Dallas journalist speculating on Dallas adding Beverley and Bojan: https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks...ew-pairing-Beverley-and-Bogdanovic-133283524/

"If what Beverley reportedly wants is true, the Mavs would be looking at paying him roughly $13 million per year, leaving roughly $17 million leftover to throw at Bogdanovic (with their current cap space, that is — there are ways for the Mavs to increase that number, as we’ve discussed extensively at DallasBasketball.com). If you want to read the tea leaves though, I don't think it's out of the question that Bogdanovic could get more than $17-18 million per season."

Jazz can match that if they wanted. Question is if dude is worth it?

Favors wants to play here or for a contender. He has been nothing but class here.
If we ship him to Sacto or some other non contender we open ourselves up to the karma curse the Celtics are fighting.

I don’t like it.

Favors wants to play here or for a contender. He has been nothing but class here.
If we ship him to Sacto or some other non contender we open ourselves up to the karma curse the Celtics are fighting.

I don’t like it.

Not really at all... Boston was cursed because of lying to IT and then tampering with Hayward.

Okay, is Julius Randle any worse defensively than Bojan would be at the 4? Because the former’s TS% was 60% last year, he’s 5.5 years younger than Bojan, he rebounds waaaaaay better (really ****ing solid rebound %), passes way better (seriously, his assist % blows Bojan’s away), gets to the line more (a really strong 6.7 attempts per last year), and seemingly will cost ~5M less, if not like 7-8M less.

Yeah, he shot just 34.4% from 3 last year on just 2.4 attempts and so he won’t stretch the floor (and defenses) like Bojan would, but at just 24 years old, the kid seems to be getting better each year and is improving and brings a ton to the table in many facets of the game including a very legit ability to score which is something we sorely need.

And quite frankly, the kid is fun to watch and easy to root for based on his motor.

I’d definitely meet with him and his reps because if he can be had for about 4/50M, I think we have to strongly consider it. We could then maybe still get Green and a backup 1/wing to fill out the roster.

I guarantee Favors want his contract paid more than he wants to take a cheap deal on a team like LA or Boston.

Plus ain’t like Sacramento is Phoenix... they good now. Might even make the playoffs. He wants that 18M.