What's new

Jazz are Setting Up a Tank

My guess:

The Knicks getting all those 2023 picks and not having to use any of them to clear cap-space for Brunson is a huge "We are getting Donovan" sign to me. It's just a question of how many picks (as well as extending Robinson), and which players are coming over. Ainge is going to use Miami's package against NYK to raise the price.

Knicks have gone all in and have no way of signing anymore big name free agents. Mitchell is the best player on the potential trade market who would seemingly want to be in NYK.

If the Jazz are truly tanking, they wouldnt even need Barret back, just give us every single pick you have under the sun with picks swaps. The Jazz will own the knicks like the Rockets own the Nets.
Problem with RJ now that Brunson is there is that it creates a logjam to keep him. So I think RJ would be getting sent which kinda sucks as I would rather have more picks. I would re-route him for those extra picks.

Problem with RJ now that Brunson is there is that it creates a logjam to keep him. So I think RJ would be getting sent which kinda sucks as I would rather have more picks. I would re-route him for those extra picks.
Someone brought up a weird thing on Brunson… he s a lefty likes to attack from the right side of the court… so does Barrett… so does Randle.

Just give us all the picks and pick swaps… all of them… I will give you Don and take on Randles putrid deal. Figure out a way to dump it when it recovers some value or when it has less years on it.

Someone brought up a weird thing on Brunson… he s a lefty likes to attack from the right side of the court… so does Barrett… so does Randle.

Just give us all the picks and pick swaps… all of them… I will give you Don and take on Randles putrid deal. Figure out a way to dump it when it recovers some value or when it has less years on it.
Randle has to stay as he's their biggest saboteur (and for them carries "star power"). They would really have to keep heaping picks if they're sending his bum *** over here, and even then I don't know because he is foundational to them helping convey us good picks.

Gimme Quickley, Toppin, Fournier instead. I would love nothing more than a logjam at guard, and a logjam of guys with the same weird dominant hand/strong court side pairings. Gimme the recipe that makes those picks extra crispy.

If the Knicks were adding Donovan Mitchell to Brunson, they wouldn't have used assets to dump Kemba. He would have been sent to us to help match up contracts.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

If the Knicks were adding Donovan Mitchell to Brunson, they wouldn't have used assets to dump Kemba. He would have been sent to us to help match up contracts.

I think if the Jazz were set on blowing this up last week then we'd have Jaden Ivey. I think this is an incredibly dynamic time and it seems possible that the Jazz are first seeing if they can rearrange the pieces around Don (and Rudy, but he's a swing piece) but are prepping the big red button in parallel if they can't pull it off.

The bigger and more obvious part is that I think the Knicks just really wanted Brunson and they just had to clear cap space.

I think if the Jazz were set on blowing this up last week then we'd have Jaden Ivey. I think this is an incredibly dynamic time and it seems possible that the Jazz are first seeing if they can rearrange the pieces around Don and Rudy but are prepping the big red button in parallel if they can't pull it off.

The bigger and more obvious part is that I think the Knicks just really wanted Brunson and they just had to clear cap space.

MichaelJacksonPopcorn.gif

Meanwhile, wings and big guards continue to come off the shelf while the Jazz are silent. It's already getting increasingly difficult to field viable lineups.
For real, what is a legit lineup now? Slotting Gay in for Royce? Okay, then what for the other half of the game?

Nah, I think you just ask for all the picks they have and take Randle. Hell I'd even throw in Bogey if we get every pick possible plus swaps

For real, what is a legit lineup now? Slotting Gay in for Royce? Okay, then what for the other half of the game?

It will all make sense when we trade Rudy for OG/Trent Jr and take Poeltl into our trade exception.

I think Rudy or Don would have been dealt by now if that were the case. Nobody really has a great amount of draft assets for a Don tank trade outside of OKC. NY would have been decent, but they have dealt away many picks to shed expirings that would have been great tank material for Don.

I think Rudy will be dealt to Chicago, Toronto or Atlanta by the end of the day. Edit: dark horse could be Charlotte.

There was a tweet yesterday that the Heat made an offer for Mitchell. Don’t feel like going back to look for it but Larsen or someone posted it. Who’s to say he or Rudy or both aren’t traded.

That said, I’d wait for a King’s ransom, centered mostly around picks.

I think Rudy or Don would have been dealt by now if that were the case. Nobody really has a great amount of draft assets for a Don tank trade outside of OKC. NY would have been decent, but they have dealt away many picks to shed expirings that would have been great tank material for Don.

I think Rudy will be dealt to Chicago, Toronto or Atlanta by the end of the day. Edit: dark horse could be Charlotte.

This just isn’t true. They own literally every single one of their future picks and own 3 other teams firsts in 2023.

I think its more likely to be Miami still. If it was NY I think it would have been telegraphed. Pat Riley moving in silence. Going to be a super ****** look that we just hired Fiz... have Wade in the ownership group... and traded Don to Miami.

I hope its still NY because those picks will end up in the lotto (at least some). As long as Riley is still around the Heat can rebuild on the fly.

I think its more likely to be Miami still. If it was NY I think it would have been telegraphed. Pat Riley moving in silence. Going to be a super ****** look that we just hired Fiz... have Wade in the ownership group... and traded Don to Miami.

I hope its still NY because those picks will end up in the lotto (at least some). As long as Riley is still around the Heat can rebuild on the fly.

Herro/Wemby going to lead us to the promise land.

If we get lucky, we may be good again real soon. Kinda like the Warriors. Keep Rudy/DM but sit them out for 1 yr. Tank and get Wembanyama and a few 3D wings.

The way this is all going I really hope we are just trading the **** out of everyone and starting over with high draft picks and hungry young guys. I can root for the Bucks (for Joe) and wherever Rudy goes this next year, then we kick it off for real in a couple of seasons with a whole new crew. That would be more fun than the Mediocre Treadmill we are headed to if we half-*** this ****.

Nah... Herro goes to Brooklyn in a three team deal. We get one of the phoenix picks and one of the Lakers picks they will own once they deal Kyrie and KD.

One super nerdy thing crossed my mind... if Brooklyn take 23/25/27/29 from Phoenix they get 4 firsts... you'd want swap rights in 24/26/28 too... but they are giving 24 and 26 to Houston already... so that doesn't help... but maybe we take those swap rights as a small sweetner. Look 2024 we likely suck ***... but 2026... CP is 100 years old... KD is KD so he will be on a new team... Book is dating a Kardasian... and ya just never know. Get exotic with it and fold it into some other pick rights too... Like we can swap with any 1st we own.

Long and short... I think you can come away with 6-7 1sts swapping Rudy and Donovan out... and get some interesting prospects like Jovic/Moore/McDaniels... then you look at what you can do with Bogey and Mike... you rent your space out while you groom a couple young players... you have a huge head start on a rebuild.

You know what....Don and friends to BKN.....Rudy to a team where he can win....we tank. Everyone is happy.

Would be kind of ironic if Don goes to Miami after Wade came to Utah as an owner.

i the original post is about 90% troll, but the jazz are not setting up a tank, rather they are simply sitting on their hands doing jack **** and will run it back with the players under contract and the leftovers from free agency.
wemby is overrated. i'd rather have scoot, whitmore or dariq