What's new

Jazz are Setting Up a Tank

And lol at the dude telling everyone how crazy and wrong we where all year about the Mitchell smoke being like "have class if he's traded"
I said all along that we should trade Don if he wants to leave. Look it up.

If he doesn't want to leave, it's idiotic to trade Donovan Mitchell.

And it makes complete sense why Quin left now.

QUin left both Rudy and Donovan. You'd think if at least one of those dudes stayed, he would stay. He knew what was going to happen.

Wow, how reductive.

Does Donovan want out right at htis very moment? Possibly, possibly not.

BUT EVERY SINGLE REPORT FROM ESTABLISHED LEGITIAMTE REPORTERS HAS BEEN SAYING HE IS GOING TO ASK OUT IN THE FUTURE AND YOU KEPT DENYING THAT.

You get out in front. Trade him.

giphy.gif

If the Rudy trade drops first we will have a clear idea of where the Jazz are heading with Donovan.

If it's a strong win now package, that will signal Don's return.

If it's clearly a package based around future assets, that would point towards an inevitable Don trade incoming.

Bruh I been knowing this.
McMahon seems to know something and knows Windy knows something and gave him the “you gonna act like you don’t know” thing. My guess is Don to Miami and Rudy to Minny based on what they were saying… seemed like they seem to know it’s a done deal but reluctant to just say it. Windy is a blowhard and I think he’s super annoying but he’s been all over the rumors this offseason. Super tied into Miami obvi.

McMahon seems to know something and knows Windy knows something and gave him the “you gonna act like you don’t know” thing. My guess is Don to Miami and Rudy to Minny based on what they were saying… seemed like they seem to know it’s a done deal but reluctant to just say it. Windy is a blowhard and I think he’s super annoying but he’s been all over the rumors this offseason. Super tied into Miami obvi.
Just give me Jovic/Hero plus every pick w/ pick swaps possible.

Not a hater
It's legit. See, Wilt had a game with only 12 pts and 7 rebs. He was obviously a huge scrub and an overrated scorer and rebounder. Everyone knows single cherry-picked data-points are always the most relevant and indicative of an entire career. Way more than mere season-long stats and actual games played and such.

1656684768894.png

How do the Jazz get that OKC pick back or at least altered? Think OKC bites on Utah making it totally unprotected in 2026?

Okay lets talk about the draft picks next year that the Jazz could be taking for. Who is our #1 guy if the tank is indeed on?

I think Don wants to leave, but I don’t think he wants to ask for a trade with 4 years left on his contract, it would be a PR hit yo his brand. I also think the Jazz know this. The question is if we do trade him why does it have to be to the heat or Knicks. Surely there are plenty of other suitors out there there and the Jazz would hold all the leverage to get the best package.

But I still believe the Jazz will only trade him if the get an offer too good to refuse. Receiving a package of mediocre players with first round picks from top 2 or 3 team in the league is not that.

If we’re going to be tanking they may never see that pick. It’s protected 1-10, 1-10 and 1-8.
Yeah, maybe. But maybe they convey the #10 in 2024 which could be really bad. I would just like to avoid conveying ANY pick in 2024 if the Jazz are looking at nuking this thing.

Last edited:
Okay lets talk about the draft picks next year that the Jazz could be taking for. Who is our #1 guy if the tank is indeed on?
Conley or Clarkson.

I think either would be good candidates as tank commanders
- Could juice their value for a later trade
- Good locker room guys with good attitudes
- Probably don't win you many games if they're your best player

Wow, how reductive.

Does Donovan want out right at htis very moment? Possibly, possibly not.

BUT EVERY SINGLE REPORT FROM ESTABLISHED LEGITIAMTE REPORTERS HAS BEEN SAYING HE IS GOING TO ASK OUT IN THE FUTURE AND YOU KEPT DENYING THAT.

You get out in front. Trade him.
I never denied he would want to leave eventually. I never thought he would be a Jazz lifer.

I don't think he wants to leave right now. There is plenty of reason to think we can build around him and he's happy for a long time.

Main thing- there isn't a good tank trade out there right now. Keep Don and try.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

My guess:

The Knicks getting all those 2023 picks and not having to use any of them to clear cap-space for Brunson is a huge "We are getting Donovan" sign to me. It's just a question of how many picks (as well as extending Robinson), and which players are coming over. Ainge is going to use Miami's package against NYK to raise the price.

Knicks have gone all in and have no way of signing anymore big name free agents. Mitchell is the best player on the potential trade market who would seemingly want to be in NYK.

If the Jazz are truly tanking, they wouldnt even need Barret back, just give us every single pick you have under the sun with picks swaps. The Jazz will own the knicks like the Rockets own the Nets.