What's new

Jazz At Knicks - 3/9/13 - 5:30 PM MST

Don't be suprised if the Jazz come out a little slow or look sluggish....

Jonathan Rinehart ‏@jonrinehart
Just walked in the front door of our hotel in NYC at 2:55 am ET. Ugh. To quote Jerry Garcia: "what a long, strange trip it's been."

That is a bruttle BtB for any team. The last three emotional losses can only make it worse.

These are times that try mens souls. We should learn alot about the players tonight by the way they play.

Expect the jazz to come out sluggish? Wow, what an earth shattering suggestion. The jazz have typically been sluggish to open games for most of the past 2 years

al jefferson will torn his acl
paul millsap will torh his mcl
while tyrone corbin plays with his big saggy men boobs.

(i love al and paul)

19. Marvin Williams: two years, $15.8 million
His sparkling 10.03 PER ranks him 285th in the league, just ahead of Kevin Seraphin, Joel Anthony and Kendrick Perkins. Hey, at least he's still 43 spots ahead of Jan Vesely. At some point before I die, I want to know why Kevin O'Connor flipped Devin Harris's expiring deal for two years of Marvin Williams. There has to be an answer that doesn't involve the words "nude photos" and "or else."

From grantland..... just thought i would throw it in here

Too bad demarre carroll, paul millsap, gordan hayward and alec burks in certain small ball situations cant play small forward in his place.

His sparkling 10.03 PER ranks him 285th in the league, just ahead of Kevin Seraphin, Joel Anthony and Kendrick Perkins. Hey, at least he's still 43 spots ahead of Jan Vesely. At some point before I die, I want to know why Kevin O'Connor flipped Devin Harris's expiring deal for two years of Marvin Williams. There has to be an answer that doesn't involve the words "nude photos" and "or else."

Too bad demarre carroll, paul millsap, gordan hayward and alec burks in certain small ball situations cant play small forward in his place.

PER is heavily based on a player's offensive performance. If they're using PER to say Marvin sucks, then they think Big Al is the 20th best player in the NBA

Utah Jazz ‏@utahjazz
Breaking: Paul Millsap (right knee inflammation) is out tonight at New York. #UTAatNYK

It's good to have someone dependable inside against Carmelo and Smith.

well, the OP had me feelin' guilty. . . . . I've been riding the Dutchjazzer wave. . ..

But let's get this one thing straight: cheering for anybody's injury is over the line. . . . OK?????

but it does just show how right Dutch is about his point of view that losing a starter is actually good news for our chance to win a game.

Who wants to see BIG-AL dominating Tyson Chandler, too ? :)

I hope Corbin will not put Marvin at the 4 again, to steel away minutes from the Kanterminator...

I´m ready to watch an AL´icious Game, like a little kid who is going to buy his primary Playboy magazine... :)

Marvin had a 15.8 PER last year which was comparable to Harris last year. He also fit a bigger need being a better career three point shooter which we were last in the NBA at. KOC knew exactly what he was doing and had most of the boards support at the time, it just didn't work out.