What's new

Jazz at Raptors Game Thread

So we have wins @bos, @Tor, vs Cle, Vs Sas. Just a weird season to be under .500

I'm glad that Mitchell was able to get going. The scouting report has been to manhandle and suffocate him. It's been a few more-quiet games, but hopefully this means he has countered that a bit. I feel spoiled watching him.

It should be good to have a bit of momentum to face the dubs on tues.

With all Hoods issues he still shooting almost 40% from 3 which is actually pretty good. Hes hot and cold but Hoods point of being out there and what is asked of him is to shoot those shots you are complaining about and he is one of the best 3 point shooters on the team. I get the frustration with Hood but to act like hes a big problem on this team is just ridiculous.

Beating dead horses. Despite Rodney's percentage, it has helped minisculey towards marks in the win column. When the game plan is for Hood to show up, he's been a no show.

Loved this game and was very glad to see the Jazz not wilt away when the Raptors went on a couple of runs. This team is maturing.

Where did I say he was great. Did he have a good game? No, but it's hard to show out nightly when u get uneven minutes. He doesn't suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neto doesn't suck, he had a bad night. I like Neto and actually think Neto is a decent back up point guard.

Decent? honestly only Utah Jazz fans think that... I believe he can hit the open shot, can dribble and he comes cheap. But I don't think he is good. My friends at the game were dissing him everytime he drove to the hoop and coughed it up.

Rubio has had good games the last 4 out of 5 and the Hawks game no one showed up....... can we start to believe this is a trend and he may be getting more comfortable? Aside from the game winning shot, he had a good overall game, and Rubio can run an offense very well. He has some costly turn overs but has been cutting down on them. I'm not there yet, but if Rubio strings off a few more good games straight I'll start coming around on the guy. Great bounce back by Donovan as well, good to see his shots, especially 3's, going down again. It's also so obvious how much Donovan pulls for Rubio and likes him.

As you believe Rubio is coming along, I think you are also coming along in wisdom and your posts are improving too.

I realize it's Rubio and hindsight is 20/20 but that was a pretty ****** help recognition by Lowry.

So we have wins @bos, @Tor, vs Cle, Vs Sas. Just a weird season to be under .500

I'm glad that Mitchell was able to get going. The scouting report has been to manhandle and suffocate him. It's been a few more-quiet games, but hopefully this means he has countered that a bit. I feel spoiled watching him.

It should be good to have a bit of momentum to face the dubs on tues.
Mitchell is starting to "save up" his effort if that makes sense. Teams seem to double team him when the "GFR" lineup is in. The last minute of his game tonight was on the level of any superstar. His rebound, that burst to draw a foul and then that assist was impressive as you can get.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What a game! Lowry is most overrated All Star. Gets garbage stats in regular season and completely ***** his pants during playoffs. Not sure why he is all star this year especially. Anyway - great game by Rubio even without that winning shot - the defense he played all game was fantastic and down the stretch he made all right reads and passes. Mitchell is Mitchell, not surprising anymore, you almost expect those types of games from him already.

Cousins went down for the season...Nuggets have one of the hardest schedules remaining in the NBA.....playoff push now?

Cousins went down for the season...Nuggets have one of the hardest schedules remaining in the NBA.....playoff push now?
I always felt like the Jazz were treading water until the deadline and then would make a rally after the schedule eased up a bit.

Still think it’s probably out of reach, but if Donovan Mitchell leads this team to playoff contention after the start they had. . . that’s pretty damn impressive.

Did they already get MRI results?
Torn Achilles is pretty easy to diagnose. Sucks that he got hurt like that. Don’t like seeing it even if he is a big douche. Guess this means PG13 goes to All Star weekend after all. An injury like this is going to cost Cousins MILLIONS and really jack up the Pelican’s plans moving forward. What a mess of a team.

Torn Achilles is pretty easy to diagnose. Sucks that he got hurt like that. Don’t like seeing it even if he is a big douche. Guess this means PG13 goes to All Star weekend after all. An injury like this is going to cost Cousins MILLIONS and really jack up the Pelican’s plans moving forward. What a mess of a team.
They diagnosed him with a torn Achilles per WOJ.

It does suck he got hurt, especially with what the Pelicans have went through over the seasons. An injury can change an entire plan or season. My heart skipped a beat when Donovan went down tonight for like 5 seconds. The Jazzs tough stretch is nearly over. We have a road trip in a week and the schedule turns fairly favorable. The teams currently above us have some pretty difficult schedules especially the Nuggets and the Pelicans may fall out now. We are still quite a ways behind but the ground could be made up.

I was on the road tonight...so radio only for me (i did catch a few minutes of the tv rerun).
It was odd to listen to Locke talk nice about Jazz players who were going to be traded. It was like an awkward infomercial. I guess Neto, Favors and alec Burks will be traded and make my laundry cleaner and plug a hole in the bottom of a boat....and if the other teams act now they can get two expiring fir the price of one if they just pay an extra second round pick for processing.

I didn't get a great look at the goaltend in the 2nd quarter, but it appeared to be a dreadful call that the ref called because a Raptor player was screaming for it.