What's new

Jazz at Raptors Game Thread

They diagnosed him with a torn Achilles per WOJ.

It does suck he got hurt, especially with what the Pelicans have went through over the seasons. An injury can change an entire plan or season. My heart skipped a beat when Donovan went down tonight for like 5 seconds. The Jazzs tough stretch is nearly over. We have a road trip in a week and the schedule turns fairly favorable. The teams currently above us have some pretty difficult schedules especially the Nuggets and the Pelicans may fall out now. We are still quite a ways behind but the ground could be made up.
This is the first domino for AD ending up with the Jazz. **** Boston. Imagine Rudy and AD together. . . and then add Donovan to that mix.

Missed most of the game. But on box score it was good to see Donovan 4-7 3 pt. And our bench shot poorly but the starters killed it. Rudy with another big game, he's back.

One of the misses was a heave too... he found his shot again and it was wonderful.

Favs was really good tonight. Has been great the last few... gotta give it to him for not quitting on us.

I want to tank but it will fail. These wins are too fun. Good job guys!
This can’t be understated, Derrick Favors has been nothing but great to us as Jazz fans and this organization. When/if a trade finally comes down with Derrick in it, although it probably needs to, it’s going to be a sad day for the Jazz. It’s actually quite sad that Favors just doesn’t quite fit at this point, as much as I think we all wish he could. Derrick deserves an absolute warm welcome when he returns, and I’m sure he will get it.

We all hate the fact Hayward wasn’t loyal, worry about the fact Donovan could leave us one day despite how far away that day is, and then there’s a guy like Favs that has been nothing but loyal to us as fans and the Jazz organization who will unfortunately be collateral damage of our teams changing direction. Derrick Favors would have no problem wearing a Jazz uniform until the day he retires, I have no doubt about that. It’s just sad to see such a good guy no longer fit the plan. Love Derrick, he’s probably one of the best guys to ever play for the Jazz, and I’ll always be a fan of Favs no matter where he ends up.

Some fans need to embrace the role of underdog with this team cause we're not tanking. Jazz are going to try to push and get one of the last 3 seeds in the playoffs. They're starting to figure it out and the hard part of the season is essentially over. Time to start actually rooting for your team like a real fan.

Last edited:
Hekate: what a flop
MT: sort of
MT: that derozan flop was pretty stupid
MT: I'm not a physics expert, but I'm pretty sure derozan shouldn't be going flying in a totally different direction after running into Rudy
rare144: i foresee a rubio stunner at the buzzer
rare144: it's gonna rain jazz notes
yamers: rubuio game winner
yamers: lmao
MT: somebody called the rubio game winner at halftime
MT: who was it

Witty: in the thread somewhere i imagine

I'm psychic

This can’t be understated, Derrick Favors has been nothing but great to us as Jazz fans and this organization. When/if a trade finally comes down with Derrick in it, although it probably needs to, it’s going to be a sad day for the Jazz. It’s actually quite sad that Favors just doesn’t quite fit at this point, as much as I think we all wish he could. Derrick deserves an absolute warm welcome when he returns, and I’m sure he will get it.

We all hate the fact Hayward wasn’t loyal, worry about the fact Donovan could leave us one day despite how far away that day is, and then there’s a guy like Favs that has been nothing but loyal to us as fans and the Jazz organization who will unfortunately be collateral damage of our teams changing direction. Derrick Favors would have no problem wearing a Jazz uniform until the day he retires, I have no doubt about that. It’s just sad to see such a good guy no longer fit the plan. Love Derrick, he’s probably one of the best guys to ever play for the Jazz, and I’ll always be a fan of Favs no matter where he ends up.
Well said. Because of his salary, few contenders would have dead salaries to trade for him. So he's likely traded as an expiring to acquire someone like Mirotic). Hope he winds up with a great contract next year. If I lived in Utah, I'd go to his return game just so I could giving him a standing O.

Some fans need to embrace the role of underdog with this team cause we're not tanking. Jazz are going to try to push and get one of the last 3 seeds in the playoffs. They're starting to figure it out and the hard part of the season is essentially over. Time to start actually rooting for your team like a real fan.

Um well we were never a favorite to win since Stockton and Malone right?

Um well we were never a favorite to win since Stockton and Malone right?

No? I'm not really tracking this very misguided sarcasm.

All I said was that this team is righting the ship and it would be nice if certain supposed fans actually rooted for the team to win rather than lose. Not terribly hard to follow.

No? I'm not really tracking this very misguided sarcasm.

All I said was that this team is righting the ship and it would be nice if certain supposed fans actually rooted for the team to win rather than lose. Not terribly hard to follow.

Not being sarcastic but being real. Since the dwill booze era we have been below underdog status and that's just stating facts

Zombie: What do you want Steve?
Steve: I was wondering if you could tell me who this player is...
Steve: http://www.nutrixusa.com/EmailSignatures/player01.jpg
Steve: It's been really bugging me

This post is using recent content from chat. Join the chat anytime! https://jazzfanz.com/pages/chat