What's new

Jazz @ Blazers 8:30 PM MT Game Thread

Mike was very good tonight... Rudy sucked and it wasn’t Mikes fault. Whiteside was good. That happens.

Dame is just on another level right now... like there’s not much you can do about him.

In retrospect how does everybody feel about extending O'Neale for 4 more years for $36M? He basically earned that extension by his play during the jazz win streak feasting on mediocre teams. For being known as THE PERIMETER DEFENDER on our team, he consistently gets cooked against the good/great wings in the league.

Because we're all in with Bogey and Ingles for another few years, and now O'Neale, I don't feel great about the Jazz greatly improving their perimeter defense. Jazz are being exposed, and Snyder is failing to adjust. Time to earn your paycheck, Quin.

Oneale cant detend the level the jazz wish

In retrospect how does everybody feel about extending O'Neale for 4 more years for $36M? He basically earned that extension by his play during the jazz win streak feasting on mediocre teams. For being known as THE PERIMETER DEFENDER on our team, he consistently gets cooked against the good/great wings in the league.

Because we're all in with Bogey and Ingles for another few years, and now O'Neale, I don't feel great about the Jazz greatly improving their perimeter defense. Jazz are being exposed, and Snyder is failing to adjust. Time to earn your paycheck, Quin.
He’s good and I feel great about it. Had a bad night. There’s nothing you can do with Dame right now. Basically averaging 50 per over the last 6 games

Portland's on a roll, a legit team that beat the Fakers and the Pretend-- I mean Jazz. Imagine If they had their other great player that's injured. They'd be top 4 seed in the west. GG Portland.

The only way to deal with Dame the way he played tonight is to have a Kris Dunn or Pat Beverly type commit to face-guarding him and hounding him 94 feet every minute he's on the floor. That's what you'd have to do in a playoff matchup.

Acutally, if Quin had the balls to do it, he'd play Rayjon Tucker and have him glue himself to Dame. That's what Jerry Sloan would do, imo.

Last edited:
Trade Donovan Mitchell + Filler for a package of several larger, good, fast players. Conley becomes the only small person and we have improved depth and defense.

Come at me bros.

We are still playing with no PF ...

Surely front office can see this.

Players beat Bojan and Joe pretty easy , get around Conley on screens with ease .. then expect Gobert to fix everything that comes at him ..

It was masked for a while with the good play of Oneal ... but he has dropped off , Davis offers you zero , to the point where I wouldn’t be surprised if they just waived him like Green .

Trade Donovan Mitchell + Filler for a package of several larger, good, fast players. Conley becomes the only small person and we have improved depth and defense.

Come at me bros.

You can't be serious. Mitchell is 23 and headed to being a top 10 player in the league in a year or two.

Mitchell has good size, strength and athleticism to more than hold his own at the PG spot. He guards 2s as well, up to about 6'7". He's not the problem.

We are still playing with no PF ...

Surely front office can see this.

Players beat Bojan and Joe pretty easy , get around Conley on screens with ease .. then expect Gobert to fix everything that comes at him ..

It was masked for a while with the good play of Oneal ... but he has dropped off , Davis offers you zero , to the point where I wouldn’t be surprised if they just waived him like Green .

Jeff Green is a zero defender. So that's not the issue. The Lillard/Whiteside pick-and-roll pulled Rudy out of position, leaving Rudy caught in-between. It's the problem the Jazz had guarding James Harden and Clint Capella. The Jazz didn't defend the pick-and-roll well tonight.

When Rudy was off the floor, guys attacked Bogdanovic and there was no help if he got beat. Ed is basically a rebounder. At least Bradley takes up space in the lane.

we need to make some changes at the deadline

We have a few young players who can get in, defend and play with energy. We've been so obsessed with 3-pt shooting and generating offense, that we could use another defender/rebounder/energy player on the floor

Will the window be open in two years? Let's be cutthroat. No loyalties. And trade that bright future for a bright present.
at present DM is already our best player. you can't get a better player than him in a trade, especially as he's still on a rookie contract.

Will the window be open in two years? Let's be cutthroat. No loyalties. And trade that bright future for a bright present.

Mitchell is going to be here for a long time. Gobert probably too. Bogdanovic is a solid floor spacer. Now add to that a solid 2-way wing and you have a team that wins close to 60 games per year.

If there's a problem right now with our backcourt, it's that Conley takes the ball out of Mitchell's hands, and Conley doesn't put the same pressure on the defense.

at present DM is already our best player. you can't get a better player than him in a trade, especially as he's still on a rookie contract.
I know we can't get a better player. He's amazing. But we could get 2 or 3 really good guys who aren't 6'1

Mitchell is going to be here for a long time. Gobert probably too. Bogdanovic is a solid floor spacer. Now add to that a solid 2-way wing and you have a team that wins close to 60 games per year.

If there's a problem right now with our backcourt, it's that Conley takes the ball out of Mitchell's hands, and Conley doesn't put the same pressure on the defense.
given our current lack of assets, the best bet is josh jackson. two-way wing don't grow on trees and we have to take a gamble at this point.

FO needs to pull the trigger.

I know we can't get a better player. He's amazing. But we could get 2 or 3 really good guys who aren't 6'1
just how exactly can we match "2 or 3 players" to DM's current 3.6 mil in salary?

not to mention getting 2 or 3 "good guys"

trading a rookie contract for "2 to 3 good guys" is probably the most stupid thing i've ever heard.