What's new

Jazz @ Blazers 8:30 PM MT Game Thread

cuz anything that involved niang or royce tonight was nothing but abomination

Royce was fine tonight. He defended and rebounded. He didn't have the benefit of playing with the starters. Life gets easier when you're on the floor with Gobert, Mitchell and Bogdanovic. You just wait for the ball to come to you.

Last edited:
It feels like Donovan is having to play too many minutes with the bench unit, and our bench is so bad that I'm not sure having him out there with those guy's is even doing any good. He needs to play more minutes with our best players. I also hate how we sub him out in the 4th and sometimes don't bring him back until there's only like 4-6 minutes left in the game.

Last edited:
What we need is a prime version of Trevor Ariza.
not gonna happen. we don't have the assets unless you are willing to move clarkson, then it defeats the purpose.

josh jackson is the closest candidate who is both available and at least fits the description of a "two way wing"

Portland's on a roll, a legit team that beat the Fakers and the Pretend-- I mean Jazz. Imagine If they had their other great player that's injured. They'd be top 4 seed in the west. GG Portland.

No Portland is not a legit team. Their defense is doo doo. Dame is just carrying them on his back rn.

given our current lack of assets, the best bet is josh jackson. two-way wing don't grow on trees and we have to take a gamble at this point.

FO needs to pull the trigger.

There have to be better options than Josh Jackson. He isn't ready yet, and he's been up and down in the G-league.

There have to be better options than Josh Jackson. He isn't ready yet, and he's been up and down in the G-league.
apparently grizz think he is. he just played 28 min against the pels last night, that is more minutes than any of the players off of their bench.

and jackson is our best option because:

1, we don't have any assets for better players. Ed Davis would probably get it done right now but there is a window that we can't miss. if jackson keep balling and end up staying in grizz's rotation, then he will no longer be available.

2, jackson involves zero risk. his contract expires in the summer so if we don't like what we see, just let him go and sign someone else with the cap space we have created by getting rid of Ed's contract

3, jackson fits the profile. some people mentioned kuzma but he really doesn't help our D in anyway that jackson could. jackson, once getting his head straight, could become the two way wing that our current roster desperately need.

Last edited:
Check out these highlights. Ed Davis and Georges Niang are just in over their heads trying to defend. Clarkson too.

DM+niang=5 mil in total. give me 2-3 "good players" in that value.
Can we extend Donovan at the max (like Simmons) before the trade? I don't know. Throw in Ed+Niang+Bradley+NWG+Clarkson/Ingles. Maybe we could package Donovan and Conley. I just have no faith in this team's ability to win a championship unless we slaughter a sacred cow. Also, while I'm giving unpopular opinions, I think the DWill-Boozer-Okur era Jazz would beat this team.

Can we extend Donovan at the max (like Simmons) before the trade? I don't know. Throw in Ed+Niang+Bradley+NWG+Clarkson/Ingles. Maybe we could package Donovan and Conley. I just have no faith in this team's ability to win a championship unless we slaughter a sacred cow. Also, while I'm giving unpopular opinions, I think the DWill-Boozer-Okur era Jazz would beat this team.
our last season's team would beat this team

Yeah, Ed Davis, Georges Niang and Jordan Clarkson were a disaster defensively. You can have one player on the floor who is an iffy defender. You can't have three. That's suicide.

It's one thing to give up open looks, but they were giving up plays to guys like Nas Little, Gary Trent and Carmelo.

Yeah, Ed Davis, Georges Niang and Jordan Clarkson were a disaster defensively. You can have one player on the floor who is an iffy defender. You can't have three. That's suicide.

It's one thing to give up open looks, but they were giving up plays to guys like Nas Little, Gary Trent and Carmelo.
can't help when 5 out of our current 9 rotation players are iffy defenders.