What's new

Jazz Coaching Staff set

Wow, 5 assistant coaches. Also what a wide range of experiences and probably different view points. Intrigued by Antonio Lang tbh. Looks like Snyder is interested in surrounding himself with guys that have something to prove and the experience to give them a chance.

Encouraging!

GO JAZZ!!!!

Really? It looks like to me that Snyder was forced to take on three guys he wouldn't have selected on his own. Never a good way to start a coach off.

Really? It looks like to me that Snyder was forced to take on three guys he wouldn't have selected on his own. Never a good way to start a coach off.

It does make you think. I wonder how much of carryover in coaches was about the positive relationships they had with our core guys.

It did seem obvious that Jensen and Jones would still be around regardless of who was hired, but it is also possible that Quinn doesn't have strong relationships with 4 or 5 guys that would be available and worthy of the spots in his eyes. That's not an uncommon thing in coaching.

It did seem obvious that Jensen and Jones would still be around regardless of who was hired, but it is also possible that Quinn doesn't have strong relationships with 4 or 5 guys that would be available and worthy of the spots in his eyes. That's not an uncommon thing in coaching.

Umm, trust me, Snyder has 4 or 5 strong relationships with that would be available and worthy. 100's of guys, would be my guess. And it is very common. To be expected usually. These guys don't just start thinking about this once they are hired. They have names and scenarios in mind the minute they dream of being a coach. Dude wouldn't last a minute in the NBA if he didn't have dozens and dozens of strong relationships. Trust me, there is a life out there that functions based on real relationships and not "cyber friends."

Lindsey has mentioned multiple times that we can't skip steps in the rebuilding process. I wonder if we are starting to see what his steps are.

For the past a season or two the buzzwords seemed to be "Asset Accumulation." At this point it seems like we have a decent number of assets to work with and between the draft and free agency I think we will start to see a strong push to turn assets into a team with potential.

With the hire of Snyder and now the announcement of the coaching staff I can't count the number of times I have heard "Player Development." I can only assume they will try to continue to accumulate assets to the extent possible while developing players.

I like that there seems to be a method to the madness of rebuilding rather than just getting players and hoping it will work out.

So if step 1 is Asset Accumulation, Step 2 is Player Development, what is Step 3?

Lindsey has mentioned multiple times that we can't skip steps in the rebuilding process. I wonder if we are starting to see what his steps are.

For the past a season or two the buzzwords seemed to be "Asset Accumulation." At this point it seems like we have a decent number of assets to work with and between the draft and free agency I think we will start to see a strong push to turn assets into a team with potential.

With the hire of Snyder and now the announcement of the coaching staff I can't count the number of times I have heard "Player Development." I can only assume they will try to continue to accumulate assets to the extent possible while developing players.

I like that there seems to be a method to the madness of rebuilding rather than just getting players and hoping it will work out.

So if step 1 is Asset Accumulation, Step 2 is Player Development, what is Step 3?
Step 3 is star acquisition. They're going to see how the young guys respond to the new coaches and system, then trade in some of those assets for a #1 guy. At least, thats how I see it.

Umm, trust me, Snyder has 4 or 5 strong relationships with that would be available and worthy. 100's of guys, would be my guess.

So you think out of those supposed 100's of guys .....his top guy that he's bringing over was hiding out coaching in the Japanese League? Give me a break. And I'm not even bashing Lang. I know a few high school coaches that probably would do well in the NBA as assistants. If you can coach, you can coach. But I think that hire might give some insight into the circle he has to choose from. More than you pulling #'s out of your *** does at least.

I wonder how these trade talks for the number 1 pick would be going if DL had decided to use this staff last year rather than leaving it up to Corbin to tank. Yes we probably got a better draft position but I'm sure the value of the young guys in these trade talks would be higher if DL had decided to go this route 1 year earlier.

The Jazz have always thought very highly of Jones and Jensen. Lindsey brought those two in. There were some clamoring for Jensen to be named head coach. Now we're criticizing Snyder for keeping him on staff? Indeed, the coaching model now seems to be ex-player who gets an immediate shot or someone who comes up through the D-League. In that respect, we have 2 coaches who won D-League titles and the HC, who reached the semis with more rookies than any other team. I'd say that's pretty important with a team of players just out of diapers.

The Jazz have always thought very highly of Jones and Jensen. Lindsey brought those two in. There were some clamoring for Jensen to be named head coach. Now we're criticizing Snyder for keeping him on staff? Indeed, the coaching model now seems to be ex-player who gets an immediate shot or someone who comes up through the D-League. In that respect, we have 2 coaches who won D-League titles and the HC, who reached the semis with more rookies than any other team. I'd say that's pretty important with a team of players just out of diapers.
Not complaining about who we have, just wishinghe had the pull to lure a European legend or the "shot doctor" to come help coach up our young guys.

I hope these guys will lead Jazz to the promised land.

1st round elimination in the play-offs, that is!
Blatt was available FFS!
or Messina!