What's new

Jazz decide to keep Ian Clark

zyzz

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865607977/Utah-Jazz-make-a-decision-on-guard-Ian-Clark.html

1231124.jpg

I'm fine with it. Let's face it - our top 9/10 rotation is already set and Ian will be playing when we're either 20 points ahead or 20 points behind in the 4th.

If I had to bet he'll be traded at some point this season.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sounds like they're trying to turn him into a PG. Can he take over JLIII's role? Those are pretty big shoes to fill.

He can shoot; we saw that last year in SL. I think rookie minimum is $500K and Clark is getting $800K, so not a big deal.

So...Burke will be the only PG with any NBA experience on the roster. Hopefully Dante, Alec and Ian can handle being pressed because I'd guess a lot of teams go that route early.

I like Clark. He has the potential to be a scorer - it will be interesting to see how he responds to Snyder's system.

I like Clark, but I wonder about his shot a little bit... He looks like he needs a lot of room to get off a good shot, because he leaps forward and has no height whatsoever on his shot.

I think rookie minimum is $500K and Clark is getting $800K, so not a big deal.
This. At first I thought they might waive him to preserve a little flexibility, but there's just not that big a difference. Unless there's someone really compelling at the rookie min, why not keep the guys who has been in the system for a year?

This. At first I thought they might waive him to preserve a little flexibility, but there's just not that big a difference. Unless there's someone really compelling at the rookie min, why not keep the guys who has been in the system for a year?

And as Gobert's best buddy they price is cheap.

He has a push shot which is very easy to block. I am not a fan of guys who shoot really low like he does.

I think he is a really good defender though. Love his energy and high character.

Just that outside shot looks bad and I don't think it works very well in the pro's.

So...Burke will be the only PG with any NBA experience on the roster. Hopefully Dante, Alec and Ian can handle being pressed because I'd guess a lot of teams go that route early.

Too soon!

I think this is as good or better than a DLeague point guard. I think he might flourish in Snyder's offense as a point.
If Exum is running the offense, the Jazz need someone to hit the 3's. I think Clark/Exum is probably a better combo than Burke/Exum.
Defensively, Exum is big enough to guard opposing SG's, so that would put Clark on the PG.

Start Burke/Burks and bring Exum/Clark off the bench.