What's new

Jazz exercise third year team option on Bradley

Bro, consider yourself blessed if you can find a backup center with a first. Everybody acting like a first could land you a starting quality stretch four or something.
I see what you did there (niko), sigh

edit: (just read down a few posts and saw you and HH covered this)

I see what you did there (niko), sigh

edit:(just read down a few posts and saw you and HH covered this)

I can’t believe I missed it the first time... I imagine @infection has a garage filled with strings all tacked down with a picture of Niko in the middle... like he’s solving a crime or something.

I get the dunce for the day.

That’s the problem for me I guess... quality backup centers are easy to find and cheap... didn’t want to burn a first to acquire one. They may have thought there was more there... I’m not a fan of the pick but it is more of just a difference of opinion and not a criticism if that makes sense.
We literally passed on Josh Hart for the honor of attempting to develop a plodding big man, with the offensive game of a homeless Al Jefferson.

We literally passed on Josh Hart for the honor of attempting to develop a plodding big man, with the offensive game of a homeless Al Jefferson.
this isn't an accurate take on Bradley.

Where would Hart fit on this roster right now? Neto's place? Neto might be better for our team than Hart just because of the Rudy connection.

You know we have good problems when we argue about Bradley.

this isn't an accurate take on Bradley.

Where would Hart fit on this roster right now? Neto's place? Neto might be better for our team than Hart just because of the Rudy connection.

You know we have good problems when we argue about Bradley.
Sure. Just seems like a series of wasted assets (the pick/picks, a roster spot, development resources) and I'm not a fan of waste.

His ceiling is being a great backup for 15 minutes a game here and getting traded. Color me meh.

It's great we have tremendous depth, it just seems like he keeps his spot because of the sunk-cost fallacy. To speak more directly to HH's point, backup centers in the league today are one of the least valuable commodities in the game. Udoh might not make a roster next year and I roll with him 8 days a week over Bradley.

I also take Josh Hart 8 days a week over Bradley.

Then again, I just see Bradley's occasional G-League "highlights" and they don't impress me at all. Which says a lot considering the competition is the G-League.

If the Jazz are so concerned about C's, here is who got signed for peanuts in the offseason (off the top of my head):
-Brook Lopez
-Greg Monroe
-Jahlil Okafor

Last edited:
I think this is Favors last year with us so hopefully he can play good backup C minutes.
I disagree. Jazz (and their fans) are just dreaming if they think a top-tier FA is going to sign. Utah will exercise the options on Neto and Favors and re-sign Rubio. I could see Ricky losing some minutes in the rotation, though, dropping to ~25 as Exum and Allen earn more.

Only major roster change I could see is Jazz trading AB at the deadline. It would be tough to do if AB is playing well. He's popular and you always fear disrupting chemistry. But I think Utah still needs a better PF, probably in a backup role. Favors splits mins between the 4 and 5, and you have a full-time role (30 mins/per) for another PF. I guess Niang could always make an Ingles-type jump, but I'm not holding my breath. Mirotic would have been a great fit, but oh well...Jazz found a shooter in Allen, so that may have been equally important.

Sure. Just seems like a series of wasted assets (the pick/picks, a roster spot, development resources) and I'm not a fan of waste.

His ceiling is being a great backup for 15 minutes a game here and getting traded. Color me meh.

It's great we have tremendous depth, it just seems like he keeps his spot because of the sunk-cost fallacy. To speak more directly to HH's point, backup centers in the league today are one of the least valuable commodities in the game. Udoh might not make a roster next year and I roll with him 8 days a week over Bradley.

I also take Josh Hart 8 days a week over Bradley.

Then again, I just see Bradley's occasional G-League "highlights" and they don't impress me at all. Which says a lot considering the competition is the G-League.

If the Jazz are so concerned about C's, here is who got signed for peanuts in the offseason (off the top of my head):
-Brook Lopez
-Greg Monroe
-Jahlil Okafor
I hear you. Still think Bradley is better than you’re portraying him. And I’d take him over the other three players mentioned (yes, even Lopez, since he can’t guard or rebound for ****).

Bradley can play. And at the very least, he’s a necessary insurance policy next summer, when we could lose Udoh and Favors.

My biggest gripe about Bradley -- by far -- is how overly concerned he is about how many people unfollow him on Twitter.

My biggest gripe about Bradley -- by far -- is how overly concerned he is about how many people unfollow him on Twitter.
Help us out for those of us that don’t (or no longer) follow him.

I think they thought Tony could shoot and the major rationale for the pick seemed to be that SA was going to take him so we needed to move up.

At the time there were several guys I liked more (josh Hart was near the top of the list), but some of them don’t look great now.

I think he can play next year but that he’s not much better than replacement value. Maybe his development speeds up but he just doesn’t have much to differentiate himself at the position.

On the DL pick rating scale this one falls more in the Trey Lyles side of the spectrum. I’m guessing there were balance beams used in his workout and that he nailed the dismount.

Seen a lot of his D league play. A low energy under the rim big without an outside shot. I'd love to love him but can't get excited. Jarrod Collins without the hustle and excellent defensive fundamentals.