What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

Agreed. Seems more like a “couldn’t close the deal” thing rather than a “working a S&T” thing.

Agreed. I recently changed jobs but wanted a night to sit on it despite the company going after me hard with more money. Jazz should have the best offer, but I don't blame Favors wanting to take his time to be sure.

People freaking out about how much Sefolosha will make “with his age and injuries, etc., etc.” don’t realize his salary is irrelevant. We’re not relinquishing enough people to clear cap to sign a RFA. The only advantage of losing Thabo is if we’re needing hisnroster spot for someone else, which it appears not.
Thabo has more value than Jerebko. If Favs returns and Bradley shows well in SL, Udoh could also be released to clear a roster spot.

So let's do a count. How many teams have money to offer Favs at least $15M/year?
Chicago and Atlanta have cash to spend. But it isn't just about the highest bidder. Favs feels under utilized and probably a bit unappreciated. If a team were to offer him more PT, and hence a better chance to up his stats, I could see him accepting a 1-yr deal to try to build his value for next season.