What's new

Jazz @ Grizzlies 6:00pm (MST) on ESPN

I'm not buying the arguments that we shouldn't have allowed the game to be so close in the first place. That was such an obvious hack. Even if there wasn't a clear angle (which there was), using the laws of gravity, there is no way the defender got just ball.

There needs to be automatic reviews for last second plays that could determine the game. There's basically no point to those "oops, we were wrong" last 2 minute reports.
agreed

Im surprised it took this long to discuss this play and it needs more discussion. Im quite sure that most of us dont realize what even happened.
So locke said that it was the first time in nba history that a 3 point shot was reviewed to check to make sure it was a 3 and not a 2 and during the review it was found that the players foot was out of bounds so the entire 3 points were simply taken away. That has literally never happened before.
Also, if he was so far behind the line that his heel was out of bounds then why did they think his foot might have been on the three point line lol. He must not have been close to the three point line if he was so far back he was out of bounds.
I would like to know the rule behind this. As op stated they can go back and look if someone stepped out but they can't for a foul? What's stopping them from looking at every single play to make sure it was legal. Its ridiculous.

I would like to know the rule behind this. As op stated they can go back and look if someone stepped out but they can't for a foul? What's stopping them from looking at every single play to make sure it was legal. Its ridiculous.
This. Stepping out of bounds is a completely different call. Like, they can’t call a foul on a review of 2 vs. 3, but only answer that one question. Instead they make a separate call?

Im surprised it took this long to discuss this play and it needs more discussion. Im quite sure that most of us dont realize what even happened.
So locke said that it was the first time in nba history that a 3 point shot was reviewed to check to make sure it was a 3 and not a 2 and during the review it was found that the players foot was out of bounds so the entire 3 points were simply taken away. That has literally never happened before.
Also, if he was so far behind the line that his heel was out of bounds then why did they think his foot might have been on the three point line lol. He must not have been close to the three point line if he was so far back he was out of bounds.

thanks for this.

What a disappointing night. Rudy finally dominates JV and we still can't come up with the win. Understand Conley being overwhelmed with emotions but coaching and some players effort left me thinking" WTF are they doing???" numerous times during this game. I knew Memphis will be better than a lot of people were predicting before the season but these are the games we will be looking back in the spring when standings will be decided and regret about it.

This game keeps bumming me out. I was so confident all the way through. Never lost hope until the horn sounded

Bench really blew it. Oh well, onto the next one.

Guess I’m out of the game thread business.

The Lakers can't shoot for **** and LeBron is their only shot creator off the bounce. We match up well against em. They didn't even shoot 40% from the field at home against us. Despite all that size they had a whole +2 advantage in points in the paint and only a +5 on the glass.

These aren't real concerns to me. When hasn't Lebron been the primary creator off the bounce? I guess he had Kyrie once. But for most of his career he’s being the point forward. That’s his greatest strength, being Karl Malone with point guard skills. He’s got Rondo now, last I checked he’s still pretty decent. Caruso is good too, He’s better Exum or Mudiay.

I think the shooting isn’t much of a concern either. In the playoffs he’ll have Davis, Kuzma, and Danny green. Granted, it’s not the warriors a few years back, but that’s still plenty of shooting. Lebron has more shooters around him than Kawhi did last year. The Lakers with that super size will enable them to wear people down inside in the playoffs. So they won’t need to win 3 point shooting contests. They’ll win ugly, which is what Lebron james teams tend to do.

Lastly, I wouldn’t look at their regular season stats too much. Again, they’re pacing themselves for the summer. They’re 10-2 despite Lebron playing the lowest # of mins per game in his career and davis playing the lowest since his rookie year.

The Lakers are the team to beat. Our current backup 5 position isn’t an nba player, Green is a player who’s played with half the teams in the association for a reason, and I’m unsure about davis. If we don’t get bigger, longer, and better at the 4 and/or behind Rudy, the Lakers will dump us no matter how well our 1-3 positions play.

Mike conley had 4 rebounds last night. That’s as many as Bojan (35 mins), Green (21 mins), and Bradley (12 mins)... Combined

Mitchell and Gobert combined for over half of our team’s total rebounds.

“Thrill, can you remind me again why we need to improve our 4 and 5 positions?”

Last edited:
Jeff Green really frustrated the hell out of me that game. Sounds like Im not the only one. And its not just missing shots. His effort left a lot to be desired. He let Kyle Anderson get going. Thats something I hope Quin goes and looks back at.

Jeff Green really frustrated the hell out of me that game. Sounds like Im not the only one. And its not just missing shots. His effort left a lot to be desired. He let Kyle Anderson get going. Thats something I hope Quin goes and looks back at.

Sure, but at the same time the Jazz are paying him 1.5 million a year, his deficiencies were known.

Sure, but at the same time the Jazz are paying him 1.5 million a year, his deficiencies were known.

Crowder wasn’t necessarily the answer. And green has a lot more physical tools than Crowder. But I have a hard time believing Crowder would’ve played Green’s mins and only ended up with 1 rb and looked so disinterested.

we lack some nasty right now.

*checks box score*

Crowder had 10 rbs last night. He would’ve been our 2nd best rebounder, behind only Rudy.

We desperately need more at the 4 and 5. I don’t know what the answer is. If it’s Morris, Randle, or if there even is an answer with our contracts set the way they are. But guys, we aren’t going to win a championship with essentially Rudy as our only big. Hell, Rudy was as dominant as ever and we still couldn’t win. He. Needs. Help. Down. Low.

Green is too inconsistent
Davis is questionable (and currently injured)
Bradley isn’t an nba player

So I guess Quin should be mindful and save his timeouts just in case he needs to challenge something at the end of a game?! I don't know the rules just seem a bit screwy to me.

He couldn't have challenged that anyway. Can't challenge a non-call.