What's new

jazz has advantage in 3 out of positions against Lakers

chochem

PF: Milsap (17.5 pts) vs Odom (15.6 pts) Jazz is better

SF: AK (11.4 pts) vs Artest (7.6 pts) Jazz is better

C: AL (16.4) vs Pau (18.4 pts) Lakers is better

PG: DW (22.1 pts) vs Fisher (less than 10 pts) Jazz eat lakers alive in this pos

SG: Bell(8.4 pts) vs Kobe (25.1 pts) laker eat jazz alive in this pos

some people might argue Bynum(9.4 pts) starts now after he comes back, but even with that, i would think if we get Memo back at 100%, and shift Al to PF, Memo would score more than 9.4 pts, so we stil have 3 out of the 5 positions in our favor...

Let the playoff begin !!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this wasn't the brightest thread ever created on jazzfanz.com Just saying.

c'mon guys, why you gotta be so harsh after he spent all that time looking up those numbers?

chochem is right. And numbers rule the universe.

PF: Milsap (17.5 pts) vs Odom (15.6 pts) Jazz is better

SF: AK (11.4 pts) vs Artest (7.6 pts) Jazz is better

C: AL (16.4) vs Pau (18.4 pts) Lakers is better

PG: DW (22.1 pts) vs Fisher (less than 10 pts) Jazz eat lakers alive in this pos

SG: Bell(8.4 pts) vs Kobe (25.1 pts) laker eat jazz alive in this pos

some people might argue Bynum(9.4 pts) starts now after he comes back, but even with that, i would think if we get Memo back at 100%, and shift Al to PF, Memo would score more than 9.4 pts, so we stil have 3 out of the 5 positions in our favor...

Let the playoff begin !!

Interesting comparison. But it only shows PPG. Doesn't take into account other stats such as rebounds, assists, TO and more importantly, defensive ability. So you can't really say that we have 3 out of 5 positions. I'd say Lakers are better in every position on the defensive end, except maybe Bell. And defense is what wins games.

Also, Jazz bench may be one of the lower scoring benches in the NBA but they're one of the best in terms of energy. I mean, how many games have we seen this season that the bench sparks off a comeback run or revitalizes the Jazz?

ooh really your post still sucks
also note that stern always send 3 other guys in lakers alternate jerseys.
nice lakers alternate jerseys though

nba_g_foster_300.jpg

Reactions: UB
Man, the Lakers forntcourt to start the game is Bynum-Gasol, which will hopefully mean that coach Sloan will start Memo (if healthy) and BigAl together, if we somehow, yet again, match with them in playoffs. Lakers bench is awful, by the way.

Oh, man. You know something is amiss when even DutchJazzer proclaims a post as simply sucking. That's like the Oriental dude next to you at the urinal having a chuckle at the size of your *****.

But don't let the harsh words found in this thread prevent you from making future contributions to the board, oh pee. This place likes to give fecal matter to everyone. Wouldn't be JazzFanzz sans it.

Wow. Obviously the OP has never watched the jazz and lakers play. It can be argued that Millsap is a better player than Odom. But when the jazz play the lakers? Odom is the guy who kills us more than anyone. Millsap cant match his speed or size one on one. Gasol, Bynum, Odom > Jefferson, Millsap, AK (or Okur).