What's new

Jazz in 7

Our best chance is catching them off guard. They’ve had three good games and can have a let down. We’ve had three bad games and could be due. But it’s pretty ****** when you’re having to look for hope through nothing but expanded sample size. Pushing for a game 7 changes the dynamic, and we can definitely do it, but it seems like any time we get close they have a good counter with the daggers. I question our ability to not fall apart in those moments. We’re still the same personnel that dropped a 3-1 lead, except with Bojan. The good news is that the Clippers are also the same team that dropped a 3-1 lead.

I like to see twin towers beat down on Clippers small lineup.

Why we not force lineup on opposing team? Why we always adjusting team?

All season we heard about how embarrassed we were about blowing last year’s playoffs and how we would never let it happen again.

Well, I guess we get to find out if that’s true or not.

Jazz could win in 7, but Donovan’s ankle is at its end regardless. I’d be happy to watch a couple more wins. But Donovan’s ankle is wearing down and there’s no time for it to heal. Just reality, and we all know we were watching it tonight. Don is wearing down.

It is over. DM looks like he is about 50% and can't carry us to a win like in game 1&2. Plus no Conley and you get 3 straight losses. With Conley healthy and DM at like 80% I think we close out the series tonight 4-1.

Sadly, we are in the alternate universe right now where we lose.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app

It is over. DM looks like he is about 50% and can't carry us to a win like in game 1&2. Plus no Conley and you get 3 straight losses. With Conley healthy and DM at like 80% I think we close out the series tonight 4-1.

Sadly, we are in the alternate universe right now where we lose.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah, at this point what does it matter. The open door is right there and even if Mike comes back, Donovan’s ankle isn’t going to heal with games every other day. The doors open for a title, but not for us anymore. It’s sad, it sucks, Mike may make it back for a game or two if it comes to that, but that ankle is now toast until next season. Damn.

Like Greg Anthony said during the broadcast, if Mike is able to go at all, he goes in game 6. We don't need to copy 1q shooting, but we need to stop getting into these insane slumps where nothing works for ages.
Win game 6 in LA, we're favorites again.

Jazz in 7 agreed. After what might be the worst Rudy has ever been when it comes to deciding whether to close out/stayback/or just stand there with his big feet anchored to the floor with anvils, he puts in a monster performance on both ends (Conley plays) and the Jazz win by a safe margin...4-8pts. Clippers suffer a letdown knowing Kawhi is out for an extended period.

The Clips will be tossing the cutouts and will let every screamer in the building, Jazz are going to have to play as a team to have a chance, Conley give it a go everyone is playing hurt but you.

Jazz in 7 agreed. After what might be the worst Rudy has ever been when it comes to deciding whether to close out/stayback/or just stand there with his big feet anchored to the floor with anvils, he puts in a monster performance on both ends (Conley plays) and the Jazz win by a safe margin...4-8pts. Clippers suffer a letdown knowing Kawhi is out for an extended period.
Yeah I have no clue what that Rudy effort on defense most of the night was.

Jazz have to show some mental toughness to bring the series back to SLC. So if they get off to another slow start and are constantly trying to cut into the lead then they are toast. I am a firm believer that the series is not over until the fat lady sings. Right now she is warming up. Jazz have to step up the defense some way and they have to solve the Clippers zone/double teams on DM. Right now the team looks discourage. Oh yea maybe if genius Quin can finally make some adjust would help.

I think we still have a shot. It's unfortunate that Donovan is hurting. Rudy needs to be better defensively, but he also needs to be more of a roll threat to open up our shooters. I still can't figure out how in the 2nd half they were routinely getting wide open 3-pointers........and we were dribbling around like junior high kids playing basketball on their lunch break.

Jazz are currently 2 point favorites for Game 6.

Only need to win by 1 point to bring it back to Utah!

on what basis do they decide as 2-point favourites? is there any basketball basis to this or pure speculation?

C'mon basketball Gods!...you've hated the Clippers for their entire 50 year existence. They haven't gone to the conference finals ever...why stop now?