What's new

Jazz @ Indiana Pace Cars

Paul is a hall of fame PG. He has been declining, but at 70% of his prime is still a very nice player. Conley...not so much.

I see Conley having a late career like Billups. A savvy/steady player who makes his teammates better. I'm going to keep my judgement on him until late December/January.

Conley has been playing at en elite level until last year. His game is not based on overpowering size or dazzling speed. He is struggling now but in no way people can claim with all certainty he is washed. As you said, bigger sample size right? It's not even December. Apply your same logic.
I hope he can turn it around because the Jazz are stuck with him for better or worse...my biggest concern is how overmatched he seems to be at both ends of the floor...I get it's not his game to physically mix it up but he's been spending as much time on the floor as on his feet...not a good look...

Conley has been playing at en elite level until last year. His game is not based on overpowering size or dazzling speed. He is struggling now but in no way people can claim with all certainty he is washed. As you said, bigger sample size right? It's not even December. Apply your same logic.

I think elite is a bit hyperbolic.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

There's that saying, the players are the extension of the coach and how they play etc.

Infection brought up the point that this is not an anomaly. It's happened a lot.
May be Quin isn't clear enough on offense and can't rein in players looking after their shots but I don't think that's it. He has been a good coach whose teams start out slowly so I will hold out a little more before I criticize him.

By "elite level" you mean by leading the Grizz all the way to the bottom of the West with one of the worst offensive ratings in the league? the man shot 43% from the floor last year same as DM and most people considered DM's last season as low efficient and disappointing.

He was playing with scrubs. In the West. And he was their only offensive option. Did you watch Grizzlies games?

Oni is averaging 11 ppg on 54% TS in the g-leauge, yet he's with the team. pretty much been one of the worst players on the g league team.

Brantley is at 18 ppg on 64% TS and JWF is at 21 ppg on 68% TS, yet they are nowhere to be seen.

Ya i have been wanting to see both of those guys.... so of course we see oni, morgan, and nwg lol

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

We’ll see how things have worked out at the end of this season... I felt safer with him bringing up the ball I know that much.
Conley may not be better than Rubio at the end of the season, he may be worse. It doesn't change anything, though. Jazz, simply, had to move on from Rubio and Favors.

I see Conley having a late career like Billups. A savvy/steady player who makes his teammates better. I'm going to keep my judgement on him until late December/January.

I think he's still be good on the right team, but the Jazz are not it. In the Grizzlies system he only had to worry about one defender when driving because Gasol was an outside threat. In the Jazz system the lane is often clogged, and he's just too small/unathletic to get it done. Craftiness can only get you so far.

Bookmarked.

Do it. Some will make snarky remarks and feel vindicated when someone struggle ("Hey! I said he was washed! I knew DL was wrong when the trade happened"), then disappear when proved wrong or act like they never said anything. I'll exercise patience.

May be Quin isn't clear enough on offense and can't rein in players looking after their shots but I don't think that's it. He has been a good coach whose teams start out slowly so I will hold out a little more before I criticize him.

I don't feel like there should be an arbitrary time line where a player or coach, or anybody is free from criticism, until such time.

Single games in a vacuum can, and should be commented on. It's what we do as fans. Criticizing right now does not mean long term.

I've even criticized Bradley in a vacuum, but am fully aware he is a young player developing, and is not the finished product.

maybe Conley would be more effective coming off the bench...he spent years as THE man in Memphis so let him do that with the subs and Green could be his kickout option ala Gasol...let DM and Joe run the first team point...no?...

I probably won't hit the panic button on Conley until after the Allstar break. If he continues to play like he does now, it won't be good for us during the playoffs.