What's new

Jazz intentionally foul another Suns player to prevent Devin Booker from scoring 60 points - CBSSpor

jazzrule

According to the writer the Jazz were shameful and scared to guard Booker one on one to keep him from reaching 60. Jazz intentionally foul another Suns player to prevent Devin Booker from scoring 60 points - CBSSports.com.html

They're right. From a philosophical standpoint, if Booker was shooting 19 for 50 and just throwing up rocks a la Kobe l could maybe find justification in it.

He deserved a shot and The Jazz defense deserved a shot to stop him.

And just FYI, The Suns color guy, Eddie Johnson has a (East Coast) drive time show on Sirius Radio. No doubt he'll be pushing this story into the forefront .

According to the writer the Jazz were shameful and scared to guard Booker one on one to keep him from reaching 60. Jazz intentionally foul another Suns player to prevent Devin Booker from scoring 60 points - CBSSports.com.html

Good. He deserved it after that 70 point debacle against the Celtics. If he cares about playing basketball properly then fine. Until then stop him. I don’t see great players still playing in the 4th in a blowout just to chase a number

Eddie should be far more worried that the Suns suck so bad and their culture stinks

I noticed that too hahaha good. 60 sounds a hell of a lot more than 59, why help an opposing player make you look worse?

This was a middle finger to the concept that the suns play for individual glory over team wins, and the old tradition of pulling for stars when the game has already been decided, usually to avoid injury.

I went for the sun's bait too at first, but then I came to my senses.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

For those who didn’t see it, who fouled? Was the whole team looking to foul?

For those who didn’t see it, who fouled? Was the whole team looking to foul?
Korver fouled. It looked like it was the plan. I think the Jazz players were annoyed with Booker too as he seemed to be pushing off and using his off arm to clear space for shots all night with calls usually going against the Jazz.

Someone pointed out a call against Booker where he didn't foul. That may be true, but right before that call, off the ball, Booker hit Rubio in the face with an arm or shoulder or something. Probably a makeup call.

Literally the first time I’ve seen a box score like that (besides in 2k). He had 59 points and not a single other teammate had double figures. He had 59 and his team lost by 33 points. He had 59 and was a -13 +/- That was super bizarre.

Suns intentionally fouled to get the ball back first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is this true? If so, I didn't catch it.
I wonder how Booker feels about Jimner chucking like crazy those last couple of minutes?
I'm also curious about what Q said to Igor after the game.

Is this true? If so, I didn't catch it.
I wonder how Booker feels about Jimner chucking like crazy those last couple of minutes?
I'm also curious about what Q said to Igor after the game.
55551866_515652812298449_2638308846979776512_o.jpg

What a strange night.

Igor is highly regarded, the Booker drama seems out of character, but the Suns have had a terrible PR year management might have told Igor to make Booker for 60 happen.

Strange the Jazz are fouling to stop a guy they couldn't stop.

Strange the only guy on the floor capable of stopping Booker for 60 was Jimmer.

Strange the Jazz won in a blow-out, couldn't stop Booker, but the players were grumbling because fans cheered for Jimmer.

Strange that Jazz are up 30 with 18 seconds remaining, Rudy is sitting on the bench with ice on his knees when Quin decides to light him up in a ferocious manner.

Strange with all the story lines available the story line 1280 picks up on is that Jazz fans are weird for cheering Jimmer and Jazz players are bugged by it.

If the players are bugged about us cheering for Jimmer(a local hero) with a 30 point blowout, they can eat my ***. It was all in fun.