What's new

Jazz Locker room Cleanout & Exit Interviews

Dont get the love for Evans. He is good for a dunk or two sure, but otherwise not a part of our future. If he was 21 I would be more hopeful.

Evans can be a nice energy player every now and then. But I agree that he'll be end-of-the-bench kind of guy for his entire career.

Dont get the love for Evans. He is good for a dunk or two sure, but otherwise not a part of our future. If he was 21 I would be more hopeful.

I probably would not have added Evans to that group but I do not mind that he is there. I love him because he is energy and heart. Is he ever going to be a major piece of the Jazz? No. But you could do alot worse than him as an end of the bench player. Even end of the bench guys are needed. The ones listed plus Millsap (possibly Tinsley) are the ones that I want to be back next year.

At this point, the only way I see Al being successful on this team is if he becomes a 22 minute off the bench scorer.

He would become a lot more valuable in that role instead of the focal point of our primary offense

I would like to see him run more Pick-n-Rolls instead of just posting up every time. He and Hayward should be playing a devastating two-man game full of pick-n-rolls.

There is no reason to bring back Raja, CJ or Howard. I liked Howard before he got hurt but when he came back he was awful and selfish. Seven years of CJ is more than I can stand. I was not thrilled with bringing back Raja in the first place. I hope he is gone. He seems to have negative energy.

Howard has a modicum of trade value, which is probably why they're talking about bringing him back. That, and we have like no natural SFs.

It's hard to hate Al personally. Heck, I thought he improved his game this year, but I can't disagree with those who say he's a main cog on a championship team. He'd be an excellent 6th man but I don't know if he'd accept that role.

If he improves his passing and court vision, he could do the gist of what Pau Gasol is now doing for the Lakers.

I probably would not have added Evans to that group but I do not mind that he is there. I love him because he is energy and heart. Is he ever going to be a major piece of the Jazz? No. But you could do alot worse than him as an end of the bench player. Even end of the bench guys are needed. The ones listed plus Millsap (possibly Tinsley) are the ones that I want to be back next year.

Every team needs guys that aren't in the regular rotation that won't make a stink that they aren't, and are capable of coming in and making an impact. So long as Evans remains that player, he isn't going anywhere.

Every team needs guys that aren't in the regular rotation that won't make a stink that they aren't, and are capable of coming in and making an impact. So long as Evans remains that player, he isn't going anywhere.

This. He has his place.