What's new

Jazz @ Mavericks 6:30 PM MT Game Thread

There are a couple of guys obsessed with hating on Conley on this board. It’s sad really. I’m just enjoying this *** beating we are handing the Mavericks. We have 71 points at half and Mitchell hasn’t shot the ball very much. We’re playing great.
Exactly and all we have to see here is fans complaining and whining. It's kind of takes the joy out of being here to just have guys being haters.

Hey I root for Conley every minute he plays. I am a jazz fan not a player fan. I just agree with some others he doesn’t fit as well as what we see when he is not out there

We played a team with James Harden. He doesn't even play defense.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dude, have you stopped watching basketball 3 years ago? Harden was the best post defender in the NBA and was very good in iso D. He lacks effort and awareness off-ball but he is a very passable defender.

Some iso numbers from last game say the same too. We didn't do all that well against him in iso but cooked almost everyone else.

A single player having good games is not equal to the team playing better.
I'm aware... I don't think Mike is dragging those guys down though.

We beat a good team on the road last night... they have given us problems... Mike helped us win that game. I doubt we win it without him.

We played a team with James Harden. He doesn't even play defense.

Houston doesn't hide Harden nearly as much as they used to, and the way the play defense has always caused the Jazz trouble. Comparing the way the team looks tonight to yesterday and going right to Conley is ****ing dumb as ****.

Dude, have you stopped watching basketball 3 years ago? Harden was the best post defender in the NBA and was very good in iso D. He lacks effort and awareness off-ball but he is a very passable defender.

Some iso numbers from last game say the same too. We didn't do all that well against him in iso but cooked almost everyone else.
Hahahahahahahaha Hardens the opposite of a good defender. He doesn't even try.

Conley’s presence makes everyone shoot worse apparently. It’s sad because people actually believe that.
And it was actually very visible how he made others better last night. He and Clarkson were the only players breaking down their switch defense and creating advantages and space for others.

Conley’s presence makes everyone shoot worse apparently. It’s sad because people actually believe that.
It's because the offense with Conley is different. Conley dribbles around for 5 seconds before the play ever starts. Without him the offense starts with Michell Ingles Bogey or whoever gets the ball first.