What's new

Jazz @ Mavericks 6:30 PM MT Game Thread

I think smaller guys put Rudy off balance since they are making contact with him lower. He needs to learn to use his *** better. Also Porzingis is soft af.

We should have went right at him when he got that 4th foul and punished him. other than Rudy, though, I'm not sure who we have that could do that.

So out last twelve games we played

Sacramento
Indy
Golden State
Dallas
Houston
@SA
@Denver
@Portland
Denver
Portland
@Houston
@Dallas

I wonder if the five games we lost didn't happen to be in a row if we'd feel better about going 7-5 in that stretch.

We got a split with Houston and won both games with Dallas.
The way Lillard is playing, I don't mind the split with Portland.
The game that really hurts is Denver at home when we fell apart in the final 3 mins for no reason.

I think we were pretty fortunate that Dallas burned all of their timeouts with 8 minutes remaining.

We should have went right at him when he got that 4th foul and punished him. other than Rudy, though, I'm not sure who we have that could do that.
Bogey was taking it to him in the first quarter. It seems to me he doesn't drive nearly as much later in games tho.

We got a split with Houston and won both games with Dallas.
The way Lillard is playing, I don't mind the split with Portland.
The game that really hurts is Denver at home when we fell apart in the final 3 mins for no reason.
Denver and San Antonio are the two games they "should have" won.

So, 17-0 FT's in the 4th quarter. Doesn't seem fishy at all... Ever since they called the foul on the Jazz to take away the 3 pointer in transition and Dallas coach got the tech, Jazz didn't get 1 favorable call it seems. Donovan was twice before the "pushoff" and refs wouldn't call it. He was fouled on the jump ball as well, and again another time down the court. Good thing the offense was so good, because this could have easily been taken away from them in the 4th.

Clarkson had 8ast to go with his team-leading scoring!

I'd say the Exum for Clarkson trade surpasses the Jeff Malone for Jeff Hornacek trade for the best trade in Utah Jazz history.

The Giricheck for Korver trade is sitting there like "hi, what about me?" and it was good too.

In each of this mid-season trades the Jazz replaced people who weren't cutting it from the 3pt line for people who did.

I vaguely remember what sloan said shortly before the Giricheck for Korver trade that what the Jazz needed wasn't a "shooting guard, but a making guard." And that's what they got. In the Exum trade the Jazz abandoned supposed potential for a guy who had realized his potential in real scoring production.

Those times where we dribbled the ball down and turned it over because we didn't have anyone on the floor who could set up a shot.
Like someone who would dribble around and get into traffic and force up a runner? We had guys doing that.

So, 17-0 FT's in the 4th quarter. Doesn't seem fishy at all... Ever since they called the foul on the Jazz to take away the 3 pointer in transition and Dallas coach got the tech, Jazz didn't get 1 favorable call it seems. Donovan was twice before the "pushoff" and refs wouldn't call it. He was fouled on the jump ball as well, and again another time down the court. Good thing the offense was so good, because this could have easily been taken away from them in the 4th.

The whole second half was trash. They called three touch fouls on one play in the third quarter to put us in the bonus... it didn’t matter but that was one of the worst officiated half’s of basketball... disgraceful.

Barea had two hands on DM... one hand pushing his shoulder and they call a push off... I can’t wait until that guy retires. I hate him so much.

That was a weird game... just weird.

Bojan absolutely embarrassed Zinger multiple times. JC is a deity of some sort. Mudiay was awesome... way to stay ready champ. TB did had some very nice moments but almost fouled out in like ten minutes.

I'm not a conspiracy type guy, but after the Jazz went red hot and were 22 out of 19 I feel like the memo went out that the NBA wasn't looking for Utah to be the "it" team.

So easy to break a teams momentum when you call just a handful of calls on things that had been working so well for them during a hot streak. It throws a team completely out of rhythm and forces them to make it up as they go along. I think that's what we saw during the 5 game losing streak. A team that had a winning formula taken away from them looking for plan B. Be on the lookout for the NBA to force the Jazz into plan C.