What's new

Jazz national televised games - all four of them.

Joncolton

EocCeB4XEAIhB8u

It's 4. Far be it for me to tell the NBA what to do - but I'd think you'd want to highlight the kid who just had a couple of 50 point games in the best 7 game series of last year's playoffs. Apparently the league thinks viewers want to watch James Harden shoot free throws. This does make it an uphill climb for Gobert to win DPOY as no one will get to see him play, but hopefully the Jazz will be #1 in the league in defense, and the stat totalers will have to honor that.

The Jazz will officially be flying in under the radar this season. That suits me just fine. The best air raids the Allies staged were under the radar as well. Add to that our new black uniforms and the Jazz are quietly the Dark Horse contenders, or the Jazz are in stealth mode this season. I hear they are even having Bogey put a silencer on his 3 point shots.

EocCeB4XEAIhB8u

It's 4. Far be it for me to tell the NBA what to do - but I'd think you'd want to highlight the kid who just had a couple of 50 point games in the best 7 game series of last year's playoffs. Apparently the league thinks viewers want to watch James Harden shoot free throws. This does make it an uphill climb for Gobert to win DPOY as no one will get to see him play, but hopefully the Jazz will be #1 in the league in defense, and the stat totalers will have to honor that.

The Jazz will officially be flying in under the radar this season. That suits me just fine. The best air raids the Allies staged were under the radar as well. Add to that our new black uniforms and the Jazz are quietly the Dark Horse contenders, or the Jazz are in stealth mode this season. I hear they are even having Bogey put a silencer on his 3 point shots.
Dude... the jazz never have that many nationally televised games. This isn’t new.

EocCeB4XEAIhB8u

A lot of it is market size. The Nuggets went to the conference finals and only got two more than we, while the Clippers they beat have almost double that,

Surprised only one LaMelo game.

I think Rubio with Towns, Edwards, D'Angelo ,McDaniels would be fun to watch

( remember this is only first half of schedule )

I think the OP just includes ESPN and TNT games. The Jazz have several on NBA-TV in addition to these.

The Jazz have ESPN/TNT games with New Orleans, Dallas, Boston and LA Lakers. They have additional NBA-TV games with Phoenix, Detroit, New Orleans (twice), Golden State and Denver. So if you count games on NBA-TV, more than 25% of the Jazz's games are nationally televised.

Last edited:
I think the OP just includes ESPN and TNT games. The Jazz have several on NBA-TV in addition to these.

The Jazz have ESPN/TNT games with New Orleans, Dallas, Boston and LA Lakers. They have additional NBA-TV games with Phoenix, Detroit, New Orleans (twice), Golden State and Denver. So if you count games on NBA-TV, more than 25% of the Jazz's games are nationally televised.
And, as mentioned above, this is only the first 1/2 of the truncated season. 4 is just about on par.

Also a 72 game season. We had quite a few last season I believe. We likely get a couple more if we hadn’t lost in round 1. Small markets have to prove themselves a bit to get a lot of TV games. Jazz have so far proven themselves to be pretenders at this point. Go out and make the league give you more TV games in the coming seasons.

I wonder what the odds are that the season even finishes. Does the NBA have a bubble backup plan again?

I heard an infectious disease doctor say basketball is the perfect event to spread Covid, and it makes sense. Lots of hard breathing and close proximity. This isn't baseball where contact is limited. These guys will be all over each other for 48 minutes. How many outbreaks, or players (especially stars) with more severe symptoms until it all comes to a halt? Testing isn't foolproof, and one false negative could cause big problems. Or will the NBA find a way to quietly get vaccines ahead of everyone else? (Would not be surprised).

How many players will truly avoid partying and hooking up with girls along the way?

If the vaccine doesn't come through quickly, and supplies are currently very limited, it seems we'll have multiple Covid related impacts this season, hopefully not enough in number or severity to kill the season...