Jazz need to go get Grant Williams

Xthren

He is what the Jazz need coming in off the bench. He is pretty much a deep bench guy in Boston. Hard nosed defender. Decent 3 point shooter. HE IS BETTER THAN NIANG.

Not sure what it would take but make it happen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

Avery

He is what the Jazz need coming in off the bench. He is pretty much a deep bench guy in Boston. Hard nosed defender. Decent 3 point shooter. HE IS BETTER THAN NIANG.

Not sure what it would take but make it happen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

A trade for one as he’s under contract for three more years.

And we have no assets that they’d want unless he’s coupled in a bigger deal.

LoPo

I'm also a big fan of Grant Williams. The only way we get him is if Boston really wants Bojan, Conley or Clarkson. Williams would have to be in a package with Marcus Smart.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Saint Cy of JFC

Williams is a much worse shooter, a worse rebounder (how in the literal hell?), has 1/2th the feel, and is marginally better at defense (at best).

He has more defensive potential than Niang, sure, but that hasnt showed up yet.

LoPo

I don't think I would consider Grant Williams in competition with Niang.

I would get Grant Williams in addition to a guy like Niang. The play two different roles. Grant Williams is that bruiser, scrapper you bring off the bench who might be able to play a little small ball center. Niang is a floor spacing SF/PF.

Saint Cy of JFC

I don't think I would consider Grant Williams in competition with Niang.

I would get Grant Williams in addition to a guy like Niang. The play two different roles. Grant Williams is that bruiser, scrapper you bring off the bench who might be able to play a little small ball center. Niang is a floor spacing SF/PF.
Good lord, not anyone can play small ball center. We are talking about a guy who is actually worse than Niang at rebounding (look at the advanced stats). He's not who he was in college.

LoPo

Good lord, not anyone can play small ball center. We are talking about a guy who is actually worse than Niang at rebounding (look at the advanced stats). He's not who he was in college.
I agree. Not anybody can play small ball center.

Grant Williams can be an asset off the bench as a different type of big man than we currently have. He's an active player who tries really hard defensively. Sure, Niang might have some advanced stat metric for a slight rebounding advantage, but I would be getting Grant Williams as an additional defensive presence.

He reminds me a lot of Chuck Hayes who had a 10+ year career as a hustle big man who was effective at disrupting the other team. It just helps that Williams is a 32% 3pt shooter whereas Hayes never made a 3 in his career.

This team needs heart. We need a bulldog. Williams would provide that.

The Jazz Wonderbra

I like Grant Williams as an enforcer and defender. But don't bring niang into this.

Niang just lost all sorts of $$$ by sucking in the playoffs. He should be much cheaper now to retain. I think he was just in his own head because he can shoot it.